Thread: How to Connect An Apple Led Cinema Display To Sony Vaio

How to Connect An Apple Led Cinema Display To Sony Vaio

Basically, I am just speculating how I can connect this Apple monitor up to my Sony Vaio with Windows 7. The monitor is constructed for a macbook, and is allied with a "Mini DisplayPort" plug, but as well has a USB plug. While I plugged the USB into my computer the initial time I was encouraged with a driver check, one of which was misplaced called "Display iSight." Now while I plug it in not anything occurs. I tried many thing but still at the same place. Anyone has any idea, how I can solve this?

Re: How to Connect An Apple Led Cinema Display To Sony Vaio

Apple likes to do non-standard things plenty of the time. It is one of the more irritating things regarding Apple. They have long utilized non-standard video connectors for their monitors the majority of the time. While I will confess that their solution for the 24" LED display makes it immense for a Macbook or Macbook Pro with a Mini Display port (it would exertion immense with my Macbook Pro), it does type of make those monitors to some extent of a "one trick pony".

There is one more similar option, but I have not established one that is cheaper. It emerges that this is because of the fact that it necessitates to be a "converter", not just an "adapter". In other words, it necessitates a few sort of "active circuitry" I consider. So, just a “dumb” cable converter wills not exertion. So, if you are not eager to spend the money on such a converter and you are not going to utilize it with a Mac with a Mini DisplayPort, after that it will probable just sit there not getting utilized except you select to sell it.

Connect the 27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display to your Mac and supersize your vision with an unbelievable 2560-by-1440 resolution, LED backlighting for immediate-on brightness, and an incredible 178-degree viewing angle. The LED Cinema Display traits a worldwide MagSafe connector which accuses your notebook, a Mini DisplayPort cable for simple connectivity, and 3 USB 2.0 ports. There’s as well an integral iSight camera, microphone, and 49-watt speaker system which offer a true desktop experience.

Here I as well want to add something, as once I as well had this type of question. Well, I just go through many sites and find the solution for my query. You can just obtain a female to female mini-DVI adapter/coupler that while collective with a mini-DVI to DVI adapter will permit you to bond the Apple monitor to your PC. But this is not a converter; this is an adapter so no assurance it will work.

The Apple LED Cinema Display will just work with computers which have a miniDisplayPort video output, and to the extent that I am conscious, there are no PC video cards with miniDisplayPort. Other monitor makers are beginning to emerge with LED-backlit monitors alike to the Apple Cinema Display though. Dell for instance has both a 22-inch and 24-inch LED monitor. Those have DVI and will exertion with any PC which has a DVI video output. Hope this helps.