Thread: Unable to use WLAN properly in ubuntu 9.10

Unable to use WLAN properly in ubuntu 9.10

I am using HP mini110 laptop, in which I have installed windows 7 and UBUNTU 9.10. Both the operating system is working perfectly in my laptop. I am to able use the WLAN in my windows 7 but I am facing problem in using WLAN in my UBUNTU operating system. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. I have tried to solve this problem in so many ways but I didn’t get any result. if anyone have any solution regarding this then please help me with it.

Re: Unable to use WLAN properly in ubuntu 9.10

I have gone through your issue and I also tried to search the solution for it. I think you should first check all the setting in your UBUNTU operating system. First check whether WIFI option is enabled or not in your UBUNTU operating system, If WIFI is not enabled in your operating system then first enable it and after that restart your laptop, after restarting the laptop try to connecting WIFI. I think after doing that you will be easily able to connect the WIFI.

If you are not able to use the WIFI in your UBUNTU operating system then I would like to tell you that try to update your UBUNTU operating system and after that restart the laptop. First download the updated version of UBUNTU operating system from internet after that install it in your laptop, after that install the driver also in your laptop. I think after doing that you will be able to use the WIFI in your UBUNTU operating system. I hope this trick works for you and you will be able to solve the problem.

If you are still getting the same problem after trying all the possible solution then I think you should try to solve the problem by doing following steps. First uninstall the current driver from your laptop and after that restart your laptop. Now download the latest driver from internet for your UBUNTU operating system and install it in your laptop again. I think after installing the latest driver in your laptop you will be easily Fix this problem. if you find any difficulties after that then please let me know.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem in my laptop and after that I tried to solve the problem by trying these steps. Updating the UBUNTU operating system doesn’t work for me that is why I have downloaded the updates of my BIOS and after that installed it in my laptop. After updating the BIOS I started the laptop and after that I tried to use the WIFI in my laptop. Now I am not facing any issues with my WLAN connection. I think you should also try this solution.

I was trying to fix this issue by downloading the WLAN drivers from internet according to my operating system and after that I installed that driver in my laptop also but after doing that also I as facing the same issue and I was not able to fix this problem. After that I tried to fix the problem according to above post and I downloaded the updates of my BIOS. After installing that in my system all the things are going absolutely fine and I am not facing any issues with my system. Thank you for all the help.