Thread: Unable to take screenshot on Google Chrome CR-48

Unable to take screenshot on Google Chrome CR-48

I purchased a Google Chrome CR-48 laptop last month. It is having a Google Chrome OS. I normally use the laptop for internet surfing, gaming and downloading movies. I am quite satisfied with my Laptop selection. I want to take a screenshot on my CR-48 laptop but I don’t know how to do it. I tried a lot but failed to do that. I also discussed this issue with my friends but they don’t have much knowledge about this laptop. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to take screenshot on Google Chrome CR-48

Google Chrome CR-48 is one of the latest laptop that has been released. The laptop CR-48 has many new and advanced keys in its keyboard. It is very difficult for the new user to know all its functions. I also don’t have much knowledge about this laptop because I am not used to all the functions of this laptop. In other laptops you can easily take the screenshots with the help of Print screen key in the keyboard. But in CR-48 laptop there is no such key. There is another key introduced in CR-48 laptop for screenshot purpose and I am not aware about it. So I won’t be able to provide any suggestions related to this issue.

Taking screenshot from CR-48 is not a big issue. It is very simple to do that. As you are not used to this laptop that is the reason you are not able to take screenshots from your laptop. To take screenshot from CR-48 you just need to perform the following steps:
    1. First press Ctrl + Alt + /. It will display you a map of your laptop’s keyboard.
    2. After that press Ctrl + next window button. This is normally used to take a screenshot from your laptop. Next window button is usually at the top of the keyboard. It is the sixth key in the first row of your keyboard.
    3. Finally press CTRL + O. This will open the "Downloads" window to see the downloaded file or screenshot.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions that you gave me to overcome the issue. I performed all the steps that were mentioned by you and I was successfully able to take the screenshot from my laptop that I needed. Many other friends who had the same laptop also faced this issue. I informed them about the steps that you suggested me to take a screenshot from CR-48 laptop. Your advice helped me a lot and now I am able to take screenshots from my laptop as much as I need.

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. This issue seems to be quite interesting. New users generally face such issues in the beginning but later on it gets solved. It’s same in your case. You do not know all the functions of your laptop that is the reason you are not able to overcome your issue. Google Chrome CR-48 laptop has introduced a new key in its keyboard to take screenshot. The key is called Next window key. It is very difficult for you to find this key. Simple way to overcome this issue is to visit the service center. Discuss this issue with the supervisor present over there. He will give you information about the Next window key and all other new keys that are introduced in the laptop. He will also guide you regarding how to take screenshots from your laptop. After this you can easily take screenshot if needed in future.