Thread: Unable to connect internet with HP Pavilion DV7 3165dx

Unable to connect internet with HP Pavilion DV7 3165dx

My network is as follows: Internet connection using modem> a router without wires>HP Pavilion dv7 3165dx> desktop but RJ45 connection is not wireless. At first, I had my desktop and my Netflix player that connects to the Internet with my laptop and had RJ45 connection and everything was working completely. Then about a week or so, my FE Realtek PCIe controller family suddenly ceased to allow internet access to the machine either (Netflix player or desktop) connected to it. In the driver, it always used to show connection but there was no internet connection at all.

Re: Unable to connect internet with HP Pavilion DV7 3165dx

Can you tell us which operating system you are using? I am asking this because most of the operating system such as windows xp, Vista or windows 7 all of them provide sharing of internet connection. Have you updated your operating system or did you change something in it? The reason for this is that any updation you have made might be not allowing you to connect with the internet. Just check it out.

What is your product and model of router? It is possible that you could find second router that could act as a wireless bridge to your wired devices. While there are certainly some routers so that should work with any wireless router as the "principal" of the router, there are some options that work well together, for example, as someone who also deals with a lot of Apple products, I know I can use my AirPort Express as "secondary" router to extend the wireless network as well as providing a jumper cable to the wireless network to my Time Capsule creates.

Well I don’t have much idea about this because I have not faced such problems ever. I think the location where you have placed might be improper. Operating the Ethernet cable using the router which is far away to the desktop or to the Netflix player might not be possible. I don’t think so that my assumption can be wrong. But still you can check it out what I have told you.

Problem regarding the internet connection is quite common. It can be some wire problem or lose connection just check it out. You can also try to check the connection with your friends or relatives system and see whether you are able to connect to their laptops or not. If not than it’s 100% fault of cables. Have a replace or buy a new one. Hope this helps you.

The other option is just to try to transfer files from the desktop to the laptop on a wired connection. This will at least test to be sure the Ethernet cable from the laptop is working. If so, then you probably would not be the same adapter that is causing the problem to the net connection, but the driver and / or Windows ICS might be causing. Check it again and if works then do reply. This can help others too.

Well I found the problem for you and as you were having no internet connection with your desktop through the laptop. Evidently during one of the diagnostic checks I was performing and I went in and changed the ICS on the main host computer settings in my computer and turned it off. I didn't even realize that I had made that change as the impact wasn't immediate. I turned it back on and viola, internet access once again for the desktop and Netflix player. Well I tried this by myself and it really worked. You can try it.