Thread: Unable to install the drivers in HPDV7

Unable to install the drivers in HPDV7

Recently I have purchased a HP laptop. The modal no. of this laptop is HP dv7. It is very attractive modal. It’s look is also very cute. I use lots of application on this laptop without any problem. But last week my laptop is to be virus infected. Then I formatted this laptop. Then install the windows XP. After installation. I installed the drivers. But drivers are unable to start. I want to know about the problem and how can I fix this problem? It is very important for me. Please response as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to install the drivers in HPDV7

The first things for you that how would be to try what is known as a "hard reset". Turn off your laptop, unplug the AC adapter (power), then turn the notebook and remove the battery with the switch on the bottom. Let stand there without power for more than 2 minutes, then plug everything back and then on again. Then after you will install the drivers. Because some time cache maintains in your laptop. But remember driver should be upgraded. If you don’t have the driver then you can go on the HP site and then download the driver.

Ok, I would like to tell you that when you install the window xp then before installation what type of operating system installed in your laptop. Do you know about the drivers? If you will be installing the drivers then it should be windows Xp drivers. Because vista and XP’s driver is different. At the time of installation it will be showing a error message. You should read the message then post here. Then I’ll give you the suitable answer on this problem. Don’t worry.

I had also faced same problem before one month. But right now the problem will be solved. I want to tell you that first you will install the drivers. Then you should follow the instruction which shows on your screen. And also you should check the windows installer. If it will not be installed in your laptop. Then in your laptop will not be installed the drivers. So first you will check the installer in your laptop. It is not installed then you will download the installer first then install it. After that you will install the driver. Then I think your problem will be fixed.

Ok, today I have read your problem I understood your problem. First of all you will install the windows installer if you are using the windows xp. Then you will download the windows XP driver. Then after you will install in your laptop. But remember one thing you will download the driver according your laptop modal. If still your are unable to install the driver in your laptop. Then may be some hardware problem in your laptop. Then you should contact with your nearest service center