Thread: Blackberry torch - USB driver not working

Blackberry torch - USB driver not working

I have purchased the Blackberry torch mobile. I like this device very much as it has all the functions which I want. Till last week I was able to do synchronization with my DELL laptop. After I updated the blackberry operating system before two days, now I am not able to connect my blackberry torch with my laptop. My laptop is not detecting the Blackberry torch. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Is there anything wrong with my laptop USB driver?

Re: Blackberry torch - USB driver not working

I have read your issues as you are not able to connect your Blackberry torch with your laptop that is why I suggest you to download the latest blackberry desktop application from internet. First uninstall the old application from your system after that install this application in your system. After doing that you will be able to connect your Blackberry torch with your laptop. I hope after doing that you will be able to connect your Blackberry torch with your laptop.

I have referred your problem and I can give you one solution which you can try to solve your problem. If you have upgraded your Blackberry torch and after that if you are facing this problem then I think you should switch to your previous version of Blackberry torch operating system. After installing the previous version of Blackberry torch operating system you will be able to connect your Blackberry torch with your laptop. Hopefully this trick will solve your issue.

If you are not able to solve the problem after trying the above solution then I think you can follow this solution. First uninstall the USB drivers from your laptop. After that restart your laptop, now connect your Blackberry torch device with the laptop and after that it will show found new hardware in your laptop and it will search for the USB driver, after that it will automatically install the driver and you will be able to connect your Blackberry torch with your laptop.

I have tried to solve this problem by trying all above tricks but I didn’t get any result after trying that. Then I uninstalled the USB drivers from my system completely and also deleted all the temporary files from my system. After that I installed the updated USB drivers in my system. I get this updated driver from internet. After installing that driver I am able to connect my Blackberry torch properly and now I can synchronize all the things with my system. Thank you for helping me.

Having the same problem, which website did you get the updated drivers? Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by blackpearl81 View Post
    Having the same problem, which website did you get the updated drivers? Thanks in advance..
    Do you get any sort of error message when the Blackberry torch sync fails on the pc? Which operating system have you installed in your pc? Which "software" version of the blackberry desktop are you using? Locate the OS you are running by doing:

Options > device > about your versions

After that just note down the OS version info and download that OS from blackberry world and install it on your PC. This contains the OS for your phone and the drivers you are looking for.