Thread: PS3 unable to read blu-ray disk.

PS3 unable to read blu-ray disk.

Hi, I have purchased a PS3 just a month ago, I have brought few games & few movie to watch on my new console. Initial days it was working very fine, but suddenly I don’t know what happen, my PS3 was not reading blu-ray movie disk, not just movie, it was not reading the games disk also. I m totally frustrated & don’t know what to do. Is this a small issue or my console has got damaged. If it damaged than I am going to be dead. Please help me.

Re: PS3 unable to read blu-ray disk.

Hey relax, it is just a gaming console, don’t be so frustrated. Even I am having the PS3, I bought just couple of months before, even I faced the same problem , even on my console neither game nor movie disk was running, I have bought a lens cleaner & the trick was done, after I m able to run the game disk as well as movie disk i.e. blu-ray. Try out for some good disk cleaner, you will definitely find the solution for your problem. But beware there may duplicate disk available in market, that might damage your PS3 lens completely. Try for Game DR disk cleaner.

I want you to reboot your PS3, you could also go for the restore file system for your PS3 under the system setting. I had tried for it and it worked even I was facing the same problem, but first I will strongly recommend you to take the back up of your data stored on your PS3. Even if you facing the same problem then try to connect your console with internet and check for the updates available of your console. Definitely there are updates available. If you still face the problem you can boot your console, but first I will ask you to take the back up for your console.

Try out this way, leave your console on standby mode i.e. red light must be on. Turn off & on the system once aging & press the power button unless you hear double beep, once you heard double beep immediately take off your finger. You have to connect your controller via USB & press the PS button then simply following the instruction. Restart the system, restore all the settings to default, go for restore file system this will restore your corrupted or missing file, your database will be rebuilt & your console will delete everything starting from scratch. In the last don’t forget to update your system. This will definitely solve your problem.