Thread: Not able to format my sandisk cruiser blade 16GB flash drive

Not able to format my sandisk cruiser blade 16GB flash drive

I have a Scandisk Cruiser blade Pen drive, I m suffering a serious problem with it. It shows the data present on my pen drive, but when I try to open any file it is not opening. Also when I try to copy, cut or paste anything in the pen drive the result is negative. I have tried to format the pen drive but it is not formatting, please suggest some possible way to get rid of this.

re: Not able to format my sandisk cruiser blade 16GB flash drive

Flash Drive might have got corrupted when you have removed the Drive before selecting Safely Remove Hardware icon in the bottom of the taskbar & must have stopped window from reading the data in it. This might have deleted the system file of the Flash Drive. Firstly I would like to suggest you to use your pen drive i.e. flash drive on other computer. This would be dangerous as your pen drive might carry some kind of virus, and there are chances of the virus getting transfer on other machine. So be careful while doing this, when u connect your pen drive on other computer, just check whether you are able to open, cut & copy the folder, if this also result negative then try to connect it on Mac or Linux OS, it will open in Linux or Mac OS, try to do the formatting on Mac or Linux.

: You might have drop the Flash Drive i.e. pen drive accidentally which might have damaged it, In such a case there is a chances of the windows not reading your flash drive or you must have some third party program to delete the partition on the drive. This might have corrupted your flash drive’s system file. Try this way to format the drive. First connect your flash drive to your computer then check whether your machine read the flash drive, if you can see the external drive icon, right click on it & select format. If this doesn’t help you find for the GParted over internet. GParted is the formatting tool, which will easily allow you to format the flash drive.

This is the best way of formatting the flash drive. You have to change the setting before you format your flash drive. First plug your flash drive in the USB port of your machine, right click on my computers & select manage, now manage your drive using device manager & locate USB drive under Disk Drives then right click on the Removable Disk Drive and select the Properties from the menu. Select Policies & chose Optimize for performance & click on OK. Then right click on flash drive in My Computers & select format. You can choose NTFS or FAT32 partitioned. By default the partition of the flash drive is FAT32. Your flash drive will be format you can use it.