Thread: Video chat using Gtalk in Motorola xoom

Video chat using Gtalk in Motorola xoom

Hi, I have a Motorola xoom and I have updated its software to the next version yesterday, and I would like to say it is superb, all the new enhancement made to the software is quite surprising. And most important the inbuilt gtalk function makes it cool, I want to ask anybody here using the same version, is there any improvement in the video quality or it is same as the previous version? And when we are doing xoom to xoom calling does the voice get cut in between? How to make video call through this newer version of gtalk?

Re: Video chat using Gtalk in Motorola xoom

It’s superb as you said, I have upgrade it 4 days back, and really as I install the newer version software for the tablet, It made my life easier than ever before, and if you concern specially about the gtalk, it is also the good function provided in the newer version. I don’t know exactly about the video calls but the chat function is improve for sure, I mean to say it is connection oriented, doesn’t break In between we chat, and off course faster than the previous version.

Yeah, really use to use it often since I had upgrade to the android 3.1, and I just keep on chatting with all my colleagues and all my friend. When I used it for the first time it was little bit difficult to understand, as I was not aware of it, while I was having the previous version though. But as you have used it already, I’ll say it would be more beneficial to you, and really I have tried to chat through audio, and it was fantastic, as you’re asking the breaks in between, I didn’t found any such. I’s say, you should use it personally so you’ll get the better idea.

See, same as the previous version making video call is too simple, no need to have more settings, no other authentication, you’ll be able to use it with very ease. First of all select the application from your home screen and then the a window will appear, displaying all the application presented in your tablet, thus among them select GTALK, and then as soon as it opens select the contact from your chat list and select the icon representing the video symbol, and you’ll feel, you’re next to that person…

Hey I tried it but still it has some problem I think, because when I opened that i didn't realize there was a slider merely above the window that has my own pictures in it. And if you don’t put it to the side that has our hand without the waves on either side then your video tries to follow your hand movements. And it is ridiculous, I try a lot not to repeat that, no settings is provided for that, and it doesn’t work properly with that, or else it is wonderful, no other issue I found.

The best thing what I get from here is like, we don’t have to save the contact separately as it loads all the contact from our tablet, I mean to say the default contact that we have saved in our tablet is loaded automatically to the gtalk, and we can easily chat with them, or can make both of the call, that’s audio call and video call. And the sound quality is too good, but video still appears little bit blur, but it’s ok, if you won’t recognize it that easily if you have a good internet connection.