Thread: URL blocked in AT&T Samsung Captivate

URL blocked in AT&T Samsung Captivate

Right now I am using the Samsung captivate which I bought from the AT&T. Right now I can use the internet connection which also has been offered by them only. However before 2 days I was able to browse any website from any browser, even in default browser or other browser. However now while on the AT&T mobile phone system, I obtain the error message saying that "this url is blocked". On the other hand, during the wifi mode, I have no issues whatever. Anybody else having this kind of issue or does anybody know the solution for it?

Re: URL blocked in AT&T Samsung Captivate

I own a Samsung Captivate smartphone operating with Android v2.1. I can browse the internet over together wireless as well as the 3G data network. Afterward one day I got that 3G browsing no longer working but wifi did. I have tried several things and settings on my phone but it didn’t work. Now I am getting the message as "Access to URL has been blocked" while surfing over 3G. So I have called the AT&T customer service to request if the filters applied to my number. After this it worked fine.

One such supposition was that the mobile phone account itself had the correct permissions in order to browse the web in excess of 3G. Seeing as this ability worked sooner than and we had not demanded it to be turned off, it didn't appear probable that this was a trouble. Though, a call toward customer service exposed that the mobile phone line was certainly filtered in a method to block information, counting web access, in excess of 3G. This arrangement was wrong and not at all requested.

My troubleshooting comments and proceedings regarding this issue is as follows:
    • All internet action was thriving while connected to wifi network.
    • A few internet activities was unbeaten while not connected to wifi except going all the way through 3G
    • Phone application associated with internet were working fine
    • Tried Resetting browser settings
    • Place into flight mode in favor of some minutes afterward go back to usual mode
    • Eliminated battery afterward place it back
    • Make use of a dissimilar browser.

I've been capable to right to use websites through the default browser. Opera must work for the reason that I consider the browser works similar to a proxy. It squeezes the pages on top of an Opera server and sends them straightforwardly toward you (in any case that's what it did on my iPhone). Look to observe if you contain someway place a proxy server on top of the mobile phone otherwise if you are lying on a WiFi link that contains proxy server of various kind. That kind of message is typically analytic of a proxy server jamming your way in.

Looks like you have a dissimilar explanation for a dissimilar trouble. I have attempted the similar solutions and have deemed it to be an account problem additionally. I have a worker at my stockpile that i configure with the Samsung captivate and he is not capable to access the internet. But while i place my sim inside his phone I can access the web. There are none parental controls on my account. He had a blackberry beforehand that operated no issues through the internet, except while we place that sim back within the captivate it shows that "this url has been blocked" error.