Thread: HP's dv6-2144nr notebook overheats

HP's dv6-2144nr notebook overheats

Hi, I have a HP’s dv6-2144nr Entertainment Notebook from last 1 year, and it was working properly, I use to play the games, watches videos on that, and it was working superb, but since last month I just started getting issues regarding the heating, I mean to say if I watch the videos , or play the games for just 3 to 4 hour it gets overheated and I have to close them, really this is annoying, because as you see, the name implies entertainment notebook, it is not satisfying it. What will be the problem? Any suggestion?

re: HP's dv6-2144nr notebook overheats

I would say just ready to get the condensed air, and buy a cooler mat. As I think this will surely help you, because as far as I know, the HP’s laptop overheats after 8 to 9 months, and to such a issue I always recommend to use such a coolers. You’ll get it from the computer peripheral shop easily, you’ll get it under 1.5K, so this is the cheapest solution, I don’t know the exact problem but this will keep it cool till you get the proper solution.

As you have mentioned, it seems you are too annoyed actually, but I’ll say this is the normal problem dude that almost every laptop has after some time, some time mean to say after 1 year, but off course if you persist the same problem in your laptop in very early stage then I must say, the problem is really critical. But forget it, I would simply suggest you that when you use it, keep it to the corner which get the proper flow of fresh and cool air, or don’t keep it in such a place which itself produce heat.

I was having the same problem in my laptop, and it really make me scared, but then I got the actual solution to this, I would suggest you the same, first of all remove all traces that is already gone crap, that you’ll get in between the heatsink and the cpu, and I hope so, you’d be aware of such a material that is used to control the temperature, so go and get the artic silver grease. You’ll get the actual theory to use it behind the wrapper, and I would suggest you to use the liquid metal heatsink, I heard that it is the newer one in the market.

Yeah brother you’re right actually, but this is the fact that whenever we play the games or load any such high loaded utility, it consumed too much power and put almost load too the CPU, that makes it actually get hotter, so I think your fan is not working properly, thus get the new fan from any good manufacturer such as CoolerMaster and Thermaltake, they provide good performance, and most importantly, while using your laptop always put it in well ventilation place.

I think, according to me some time it also happens that due to dust and the unexpected sludge, so it generally affects the heatsink and the CPU fan generally, after all it affects all the things. So because of that the fan sounds too noisy and we get the laptop overheated, I’d say go to your nearest computer hardware shop, who repairs laptops, and told them to clean it up, otherwise you can do it on your own too, like from the market you’ll get the proper diagnose kit so with that you can clean the dust particles.

Re: HP's dv6-2144nr notebook overheats

I’d say you can check the BIOS always, because whenever we get such an overheating issue The BIOS always address it. So from there only you’ll get the idea than you have to have some solution to this, in fact I would suggest you to go to the service center and they will help you with this problem, as I have heard that HP provides very good service, so I would like to say that you can always have a benefit of your warranty period.