Thread: Screen flickering in my HP Pavilion dv5

Screen flickering in my HP Pavilion dv5

Hi, I have a HP pavailion dv5, and it was working good but, but since last week I am having very critical problem that I never had since I bought. When I start my laptop, it screen starts flickering randomly, and it has been progressively gotten worse as the days passed, and really it is too inconvenient for me of having laptop with such a problem. Is there anyone having the same glitch, what could have been wrong, any idea?

Re: Screen flickering in my HP Pavilion dv5

Hello, according to me that problem is in you display itself, as I am not that much sure. I would like to suggest you that try to connect it to external monitor and then run both of them together, so at least you’ll get the actual problem, that is whether the problem is in your laptop’s display or it is the problem regarding the video card. Because it is also the critical peripheral in the laptop, that can cause such a problem.

Hey don’t worry dude I think your problem is not that much serious enough to worry about, you can have so many solution to this, in fact I would like to recommend you the solution, you can easily perform the destructive recovery. And it helps really, I am not getting my screen been flickered, but if you still persist the same problem in your laptop, then I think the problem would be in your hardware itself, you can consult any technician and replace that particular hardware.

Hi, I was having the same problem really it is too bothersome, and was tried almost everything to get the solution, and at last when I go to its service center they told me that the problem is in your motherboard, I think your crisis is same as me, I am not sure but assuming the same, you can contact to the any local person for testing your motherboard, and if he says that problem is too critical then I must say visit the service center only.

You might be having the problem in between the screen and the batter, in other words, the problem is in the contact that power the screen. There seems to be some kind of a conductive coating on the hinges where our screen is held actually, this are the silver-painted areas on the hinges, and one my friend told me the solution, that was like, I clean them with the alcohol with cotton ball, all the problem was disappeared, so I would suggest you to do the same.

I was having the same problem, I would like to recommend you that don’t do anything on your own or else you may lose any other peripheral too, so rather take your laptop too HP’s service center only, as I have heard lot that they didn’t provide proper service, but it seems fake, because I got the proper solution to my problem, and if you have the warranty period left you can have the service for free of cost, so this will be beneficial according to me.

yeah, the problem would be in your laptop’s screen itself, as I am sure because I was having the same problem, and really dealing with the HP’s support staff was very awful. As i had spent almost 3 to 4 hours just discussing on this only, still didn't get any solution. but i would say, you should visit the service center, because they can help you better, but if you just called their call canter then you would not get the proper support.