Thread: HP G62-358NR Notebook freezing randomly

HP G62-358NR Notebook freezing randomly

I am having HP G62-358NR notebook with windows 7 OS and it’s just a month I bought this notebook. I observed that my notebook is freezing at any moment. I didn’t expect this to happen as it hasn’t got so much old that it hangs up while I be working on it. I am not having enough knowledge to solve this problem so I want help from someone who have experienced this problem before. So please let me know how to get rid of this and I want my notebook to perform well.

Re: HP G62-358NR Notebook freezing randomly

I guess this might be happening because of more number of processes performed by your processor. Just ensure that you don’t perform more number of tasks simultaneously. Maybe you are running more applications or programs. If you are running some bigger programs may be some of the .net application or some graphics application then these require more memory and your CPU would not be having much capacity to execute them and thus leads to freeze.

There are some utilities which would help you to make your notebook run faster. You not need to download these programs as they are already provided in your operating system. First you need to clean up your disk, just select disk clean up from the drive properties and it would delete all the unnecessary files. Then you need to defragment your drive which would locate all the files from your notebook to a single place.

You might have installed some of the program or software which may be incompatible with the operating system. So if you know any such program then uninstall it from add/remove programs. If the problem still continues then perform the system restore on your notebook. This would switch your laptop to a previous known state when it was working properly. It would automatically remove the software’s which were installed after creation of restore point.

To solve the freezing issue you need to check for the running process on your task manager. Go to task manager by selecting it by right clicking the taskbar and switch to process tab. Just go through the process list and note down the unknown process. If the total processes running on your notebook are more, then end some of the process which is consuming more memory. Don’t terminate the process if you are not aware of it.

If you would be able to clean the RAM chip of your notebook then try performing it. There might be some viruses or malwares on your notebook. Just perform the virus scan on your notebook by using some genuine antivirus program. Also ensure that you keep these programs up to date by doing a regular update of antivirus database files. Doing this would help you in removing the viruses from your notebook and also it would solve your notebook freezing problem.

The notebook might freeze up any time if some of the important files are been removed or got corrupted. In order to verify that all files are proper just perform the windows system file checker test. You need to go to command prompt and have to type this command – “sfc/scannow” and press enter. It would start checking for the system files. If the results are not appropriate then you have to repair your system files by repairing your notebook using windows setup.