Thread: Popular applications unavailable from Android market

Popular applications unavailable from Android market

I bought a new android this month I was so happy to have him. It has amazing features and is a great operating system. Then, after using the phone for a weeks I thought about downloading new applications from Android Market are free of cost which have excellent features. When I was thinking of downloading some applications such as eBay, Gas Buddy, Google Docs, I was not able to download them. Even the applications were gone and I have no idea about it. Need help!

Re: Popular applications unavailable from Android market

Well I am using HTC phone and I too have android in my phone. I already have a flash player which was already present when I bought this phone. The problem with my phone was that my phone used to get hot sometimes and also gets freeze due to which I have remove the battery out and out it back again when cooled. So what I did was installed a new copy of flash player and I also downloaded and installed Plenty of Fish, Netflix etc from android market. So there was no problem.

Well I don’t know why you are not able to download popular appls from the market of android. I think that the issue is that your Boost phone is not letting you to allow those applications. Thus I think that your phone might be using its own applications such as Hookt and Netflix rather than POF which you cannot remove from your phone. This thus takes too much of bandwidth as you might be using a non-limit plan.

I emailed all phone applications that maintain the list and I have only one reply back and was in POF. These apps were made to run only in older versions such as 1.6. They told me to submit my phone to their development so that they can try to solve the issue. They also told me that the problem can be due to the android market but not sure. That leads me to believe that some applications specifically requested increase was blocked in the precedence.

There is one more issue that I am unable to remove the pre-installed applications from my phone. These applications basically uses the phone memory and cannot be copied to the SD card. Memory storage on the Primacy of overcrowding is as it is and should have the right to delete the programs that are not stable to the functioning of the operating system if we do not need them.

The explanation regarding this is that for all ROMS released, the company needs to provide "fingerprint" to Google on time that identifies the ROM and it has to be updated in their database with compatibility information and so that applications can be proven correct. As the market requires many applications, they supply all the applications before the devices gets released and yet we have to say about the time it takes Google to update its database.

The other cause for the lack of applications in the market such as twidroid, Layar, etc is that these applications requires that Google provides them permission to use the camera with autofocus. They are not protected applications. If some XML files do not have permissions then the Google basically blocks all the applications which cannot be viewed by the users. So this may be the reason why people are not able to download applications on their cell phone.