Thread: The touchpad buttons of HP Pavilion DM1z is malfunctioning.

The touchpad buttons of HP Pavilion DM1z is malfunctioning.

Hey guys, my cousin has started facing this idiotic problem with her HP Pavilion DM1 or DM1z series notebook. Its touchpad mouse has started malfunctioning out of nowhere. When we press or hit the touchpad mouse buttons, the Right-click is interpreted as Left-click. What must be causing this problem in my cousin’s laptop? What according to you guys would be a solution for this issue? Does anyone have got any suggestion regarding this issue? Please help me with your suggestions as that will be appreciated like always. Thank you.

re: The touchpad buttons of HP Pavilion DM1z is malfunctioning.

Performing Hard Reset in your HP Pavilion DM1z series laptop can solve your issue. I have read in many forums that by doing hard reset we can restore the laptops to its initial out of box factory settings which is provided by the manufacturer itself. Following is the link where you can find a proper procedure to perform the Hard Reset in your laptop. Make sure that you are performing as it is described in the post.
    Hard Reset in HP Laptop

The problem can also be caused due to some kind of virus attack in your laptops driver which is responsible for proper functioning of touchpad mouse. So first of all I would recommend you to perform complete scan of your laptop with the help of an updated version of Antivirus. If any infectious file is detected, just get rid of it as soon as possible. After performing this, I would suggest you to reinstall the necessary drivers in your laptop from the original Drivers CD which you must have received along with your laptop, at the time of its purchase.

You can also update your laptop’s drivers by visiting the official website of HP laptops and downloading the necessary drivers for your HP Pavilion DM1z series laptop from that website. They must also be providing you with the latest available version of all the drivers which are needed for your laptop. So it is recommended that you install the drivers from the official website of HP and once you have completed installing the drivers, restart your laptop to bring the changes to effect.

According to me there is some kind of hardware issue with your laptop. It might be possible that your touchpad mouse connection has got corrupted from within. So, in this case the only solution for your problem is to get help from someone with good hardware knowledge. I would thus recommend you to contact the nearest HP Care Centre and submit your laptop there for further help. The technical staffs of HP are the right kind of people who can help you correctly to resolve your issue with your laptop’s touchpad mouse.

Re: The touchpad buttons of HP Pavilion DM1z is malfunctioning.

Hey people, thank you for the above replies. Those reply meant a lot to me. I tried every possible solution you guys mentioned above. Tried doing the Hard reset, uninstall/reinstallation of the device, installing the latest drivers but nothing worked to solve this issue with my laptops touchpad mouse. So, I submitted my HP laptop to the HP Care Centre. The Tech support informed me that there was some kind of hardware issue and will be solving the issue in coming some days. Anyways, once again thank you a lot for your kindness and concern.