Thread: HP iPAQ 114 handset’s battery is draining very fast

HP iPAQ 114 handset’s battery is draining very fast

Hello guys, I have been using HP iPAQ 114 handset from last 5-6 months which is having an amazing Windows mobile OS. Everything is working well with it except the battery of my iPAQ 114. Whenever I put the handset on charge using my HP charger and the USB cord, the battery shows to be completely charged within few hours of charging. But after removing from charging, the handset does not shows the same. Also the charge will drain completely within few hours of normal usage. I don’t know what must be causing this problem with my HP iPAQ 114 device. Anyone with any kind of solution please reply to my thread. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: HP iPAQ 114 handset’s battery is draining very fast

The problem with your battery getting drained within few hours might be causing because of your changed usage pattern. If might be possible that you must have increased the usage of Wi-Fi or you must be playing lots of video or doing video streaming or using Bluetooth. All this things generally requires lots of resources, including high amount of power to run the processes, thus causing your battery to drain faster than it used to drain before. I would suggest you to slow down your usage pattern and keep your network turned off whenever not in use.

According to me there might be some kind of issue with the battery of your iPAQ 114 device. Your battery is faulty that is why it is not charging properly. So, I would recommend you to get a new battery for your device and then check out whether you are faing the same issue again or not. If you notice any improvement with the battery life of your device then it is confirmed that your older battery has got corrupted and that is why its power was getting drain before its desired time. Make sure that you are purchasing the correct battery which is compatible with your device.

I would recommend you to perform Soft Reset/ Hard Reset in your device and then check whether you are facing the problem again or not. But before performing that, make sure that you have taken back-up of all the important data and installed application in your device. Soft Reset/Hard Reset usually clears your memory. If that also does not help you then I would recommend you to update your firmware software (ROM) and then see if there is any improvement it the battery life of your device. For more detail on Soft Reset/Hard Reset/Firmware Update I would suggest you to visit the below link and go through the steps mentioned in them. iPAQ 211 battery charge stops at 90%

Following are few tips that you should follow to increase the battery life of iPAQ’s battery:
    1. Adjust the back light settings of your device to the most conservative settings.
    2. Go to the following navigation: Settings ---> Connections ---> Beam screen and disable the 'Receive all incoming beams' option by removing the tick form the checkbox. This will turn off the option.
    3. Always make sure that your have kept the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection lengths to its minimum and start the service only when you are using it or else keep it closed.

Make sure that the charger which you are using to charge your iPAQ battery is a working one. If with any default change it and charge your handset with the original flawless charger. Also for proper management of power you should switch off the backlight of your device when you are outside, in bright daylight. You can disable the backlight by pressing and holding the on/off switch of your device for about 2 seconds. This will surely save considerable amount of your battery power.

The best solution according to me would be to show your iPAQ to someone who has good technical knowledge about the handset, like the technical staff of HP Service Centre itself. They will check your handset inside-out and find out the real reason behind this problem with the battery of iPAQ draining so quickly, within hours of minimum usage. You can search for the nearest available HP Care Center on Internet or the official website of HP.