Thread: Unable to start windows after Hibernation in HP EliteBook 2540p

Unable to start windows after Hibernation in HP EliteBook 2540p

Hi friend’s I am using HP EliteBook 2540p and I am using windows 7 in my laptop. Before that I was using windows Vista in my laptop. From last one week I am facing one issue in my laptop. Whenever I put my laptop on hibernate at that time my laptop do hibernating properly. But after that when I try to start the laptop again at that time it gives me an error. My laptop does not boot after hibernating the laptop. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to start windows after Hibernation in HP EliteBook 2540p

I have read your issue as you are facing problem with your laptop after putting it on hibernate. According to me before trying any solution you should first check the all setting of the hibernation. Make sure that all the setting has done properly in your system. Because some times if there are any wrong setting is done at that time our system gives this kind of problem. I hope after doing proper setting you will not face this problem again. Pease let me know whether this solution worked for you or not?

I have read your problem and also searched the solution for this. I think you should try to solve your problem by installing your display drivers again in your laptop. First uninstall the driver which is already installed in your laptop. After that restart your laptop and then insert your laptop driver CD in your laptop. After inserting the driver CD install the display driver from that CD. I hope after doing that you will be able to BOOT your operating system properly.

I have gone through your problem and after reading your problem I suggest you to there may be something wrong with your RAM. Because whenever we put our laptop on hibernate mode at that time it saves the last state of the windows. But some time due to connection issue of the RAM our laptop unable to resume windows after putting the laptop on hibernate mode. That is why I suggest you to first check your laptop RAM. I hope after doing that you will be able to fix the problem.

According to all the solutions suggested in the post, I have tried all the solutions. First I have checked all the setting about hibernate in my laptop and I found that all the setting were ok. After that I also checked my RAM. I also tried to solve the problem by removing and inserting the RAM. After trying these solutions I am still facing the same problem. My display driver is also ok. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. If any one have proper solution then please let me know.

If you are not able solve the issue even after trying this solution then I think you are facing this problem because of the operating system. As you have said that you have upgraded the operating system from Windows vista to Windows 7. I think you should re-install your operating system. I think after doing that you will be able to resume the windows properly. Try this solution and then let me know whether this idea make any difference for you or not?

According to me you can solve this problem by doing this. First go to the HP official site and then search for the drivers which supports in windows 7. After downloading that driver install it in your laptop. If you are facing the same problem after installing the new driver then I think there is some hardware issue with your system, you can solve that problem by giving your laptop in HP service center. I hope my suggestion will be helpful to you and you will not get this problem again.