Thread: Getting "recurring task error" on my blackberry playbook

Getting "recurring task error" on my blackberry playbook

Hello, I am using the blackberry and it was working good since I get the recurring task error in it, in fact I don’t know what is that, I don’t have much idea about the device, as I am new to this, yesterday I was using the exchange/ outlook linked to Blackberry torch via blackberry enterprise server and then to playbook via the blackberry bridge, if I check the recurring task as completed on my torch then the new task is created in accordance with the recurring rules. If I do the same in the playbook then it shows completed but no new task is created, what will be the problem, is there anyone having the same glitch.

Re: Getting "recurring task error" on my blackberry playbook

Hi, hey let me know which version of bridge and the software you are using? Because I heard that there are problem in some of their software, and that’s why you might be having the problem in making the new recurring task. You can do this by calendar function provided by the tablet, they also does the same function, so try to so with that, I hope you’ll be able to make new task.

I think you might be having the problem due to the schedule date, in fact I was having the same issue while setting up the scheduled for the long time, and then I just started setting up it for the daily based and really I am not getting the error, I would suggest you to do the same, as I think the problem will be there only, but I am not getting actually why you are using the bridge and all the things for just doing the simple task, that you can do it by simply calendar function.

According to me the error is caused due to synchronization with the outlook, I was using it properly and starts getting error since I synchronize it with outlook, don’t know what was the problem but I just stop using it. I think there are some setting with the outlook also when we use it through the server as you have mentioned, or might be the error would be in the server itself, so that you were unable set the recurring task.

Yeah you’re having very minor problem, in fact I would suggest that don’t used the bridge to set the task, rather you can use the function provided by the phone itself, that’s the calendar. And I think there would be glitch in the software only, thus while synchronizing it gives the error. So you can update that software also, or uninstall it first and then install it again so that if there will be some files missing then it will be replaced simply and the problem won’t arise again.