Thread: Unable to download Native E-mail attachment in Motorola Xoom

Unable to download Native E-mail attachment in Motorola Xoom

I have purchased Motorola Xoom last month. It is an Android tablet. It has excellent features and the most outstanding thing of this Tablet is that it has an android OS. But I have noticed a strange issue in it. I normally receive a significant amount of E-mails having a .pdf” file extension. But I am unable to download those attachments on my Motorola Xoom because of pdf extension having the open quotes (“) in it at the end. I tried a lot but nothing changed. Do you think my Tablet selection was wrong? Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to download Native E-mail attachment in Motorola Xoom

The issue that you have posted is not a much complicated. But the best thing about your Tablet is that it is having Android OS so solving any issue becomes even easier. There is countless number of applications available in the Android market. Using a suitable application from there can easily solve the issue. To overcome the issue I would advise you to download an appropriate application from the android market that can fix up the problem.

I am grateful to you for giving your suggestions to overcome the issue. But the solution that you specified can easily solve the issue but I don’t want to go for that solution. Because downloading the new Email application from the android market will change the User interface. I like the User interface of the native Email application and I don’t want to change it. Is there any other solution that you specify to overcome the issue? Is there any file association procedure that will permit me to download the attachments with .pdf” extension and automatically open with a .pdf viewer? If you are aware about it then please let me know about it.

This is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. But as you don’t want to use other application from the Android market I will definitely suggest you some other solution. Easier way to overcome the issue is to download the attachments in your Tablet. After downloading the attachment rename the attachment to get it worked. After renaming it you will be able to open, view and make changes in it. Try this solution and let me know about its consequences.

The issue that you have posted is quite unique. I am handling such issues for the first time. I won’t be able to provide you the exact solution but I will try to help you out as much as I can. To overcome the issue I think you can use IMAP email. Using this IMAP Email you can go to the folder on the server then edit the attached file name. After editing you can easily access your pdf files. I think it will definitely fix up the issue that you are facing.

This problem can also be due to the internal errors in your Tablet. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. Register the complain over there regarding the issue that you are facing. He will surely tell you the exact cause of the issue. If it is due to internal errors then he will definitely solve it. He will also guide you regarding how to overcome such issues if occurred in future. He won’t charge you for this service.