Thread: Blackberry Playbook discharges quickly

Blackberry Playbook discharges quickly

I have purchased a Blackberry Playbook last month. Blackberry Playbook is the world's first professional grade tablet. I don’t have much knowledge about it. But yesterday I noticed a strange problem while operating Blackberry Playbook. My playbook used to get discharged quickly. Whenever I try use to operate the Tablet in the morning the battery used to be drained. I used to close all the application except my Wi-Fi before going to bed but still in the morning the battery used to be discharged. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Blackberry Playbook discharges quickly

This issue is quite interesting. Due to lack of technical knowledge you are finding this issue complicated. As you said that you don’t close your Wi-Fi application before sleeping. This issue can be due to the Wi-Fi application turned on. To overcome this issue I would recommend you to close the Wi-Fi application while you are not using it. I think this solution will definitely fix up your problem. Try this out and inform me about the consequences.

I am grateful to you for giving suggestions to overcome the issue. As you suggested me to close the Wi-Fi application when I am not using I did this but nothing changed. This issue remained the same as it was before. Even after closing the Wi-Fi application battery used to get discharged quickly. I don’t know what the exact cause of this issue is. Are you aware of some other solutions to avoid such issues? If yes then try to help me out.

After reading the post I came to know about your issue. There can be several reasons for this issue. I think this issue is due to the battery being damaged. To get rid from this issue I advise you to swap the Playbook’s battery with a new one. After swapping the battery you Tablet won’t be getting discharged quickly. If it is the battery issue then swapping will definitely overcome it. Try this solution and do let me know about the result.

This issue seems to be complicated. This issue can be solved if the user is having accurate technical knowledge about Tablet. I had the same issue in my Playbook but now it has been solved. To overcome the issue I would recommend you to perform a hard reset in your Playbook. Hard reset will clear all errors in your Tablet. After performing the hard reset your Tablet won’t be getting drained quickly. Hard reset will bring the Tablet to its initial state.

New users definitely find such issues difficult to be solved. My suggestion for you to overcome the issue is to make sure that the mini USB plug is straight. It is the common problem with the mini USB design. If initially the Tablet display is off then when you plug the USB it should turn on automatically. The other possible issue could be that it might not be plugged into a high voltage adapter. Are you using the supplied ac adapter or is it plugged into a computer?

This problem can also be due to the hardware issue. Easier way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. Discuss this issue with the supervisor present over there. He will surely tell you the exact cause of the issue. If it is the Hardware issue then he will replace the hardware if required. He will also guide you regarding how to overcome such issues. He won’t charge you for this service if your Tablet's warranty exists.

Video chat application can be one of the reasons for the issue. Did you open up the video chat application from your Tablet? If yes then have you accepted the license agreement and performed a restart? If you have not rebooted after accepting the license then there can be a bug in that application until your Tablet is rebooted. The application automatically runs in the background. I think this error can be surely fixed in the next update but till that time the bug will exist in you Tablet.