Thread: File Browser for Blackberry Playbook

File Browser for Blackberry Playbook

Recently I bought a new Blackberry Playbook from Blackberry Outlet near my house. I explored it as I was eager to learn more and more about it. While I was exploring the features of my Blackberry Playbook I was unable to find File browser anywhere in the Playbook. I doubt that, is there any File Browser in Blackberry Playbook? Coz I searched for it but could not find. Am I missing something? If any of you have idea about this let me know.

Re: File Browser for Blackberry Playbook

I went through your post and searched for the same as I own a Blackberry Playbook and came to know that Blackberry Playbook does not come with a File Browser installed already. You need to search for a 3rd Party File Browser for your Blackberry Playbook. There are many applications available on the internet. Search for what you want. Hope you get your required File Browser application.

I hope that someone finishes the File Browser for Blackberry Playbook soon. I haven't picked up a Playbook yet because of the lack of a file browser is the biggest reason for that. I really want to get the Blackberry Playbook, but until it can be approaching closer to replace my net-book for reading documents (especially for a large collection of PDF files), and allow me to move files, copy files, rename files and delete files.

I just searched and checked in App World for Blackberry Playbook applications and there I found a File Browser application by Aftab that looked useful. But no luck, it doesn't actually work. It just said, "There was a problem during installation. Please Try Again." I have tried again and again; I have restarted and tried again. It is nice to see that RIM makes sure that applications can be installed before they approve them.

Looks like there is no File Explorer application available for Blackberry Payload till now. We can just wait for it to arrive from the 3rd parties software developers. As, file Explorer is very useful tool helping user to browse through the files that are saved in it. I Hope that the File Explorer for Blackberry Playbook will be available soon.