Thread: Asus laptop, usb mouse won't work.

Asus laptop, usb mouse won't work.

Okay so I have an odd problem. I recently upgraded to windows 7 and previously my usb mouse would have the "device not recognized" message when I plugged it in but after replugging it in a bunch it would eventually work.

My problem is that now, even if I have no usb plugged in it detects a pointing device (other than my touchpad), and when I plug my mouse in it doesn't work.

Re: Asus laptop, usb mouse won't work.

It does work in safemode. The device shows up under pointing devices in device manager as HID compliant mouse, it doesn't show up when I'm in safemode.

fixed, was adware.

Could you please let other users know what kind of adware problem it was and how did you rectify it by giving all the steps here, so that it would be easy for end users who will be facing the same problem will solve this problem. Adware is generally removed by anti-adware software or other antivirus software, so which particular software did you use?

Sadly it isn't fixed actually. Initially it began showing up as an unrecognized device so I figured if I replugged it in enough it would work but that's not the case, I restarted and now it is the same as it is before.

Maybe this can help.

If I uninstall or disable the HID compliant mouse in the device manager then my tablet works, but when I disable or uninstall one of the universal serial bus controllers that HID compliant mouse shows back up.

It still can't find my mouse either way.

You only need 1 button to install cleanly, so invest in a new low end Microsoft wired mouse, just to eliminate that from messing up your otherwise cool installation. I've had 2 mice running at once, one USB. Connect wired mouse first. Reboot, Windows Update. Connect cool mouse second, then reboot, WinUpdate, reboot.