Thread: Have questions regarding Android Froyo for MyTouch slide cell phone

Have questions regarding Android Froyo for MyTouch slide cell phone

I am using MyTouch slide cell phone and last week I upgraded my phone to android froyo version. I want to tether my phone over wifi, so for that I want to know whether wifi tethering charges according to data usage or over minutes? Also I want to capture my screen, so is there any application for it. I searched for it in many threads, but I don’t know much about it. Please provide me know this information as I recently updated to this version, so I don’t know these information about froyo.

Re: Have questions regarding Android Froyo for MyTouch slide cell phone

As laptop connected to either 3G, edge or hsdpa, charges for data usage. Similarly when a phone is connected to internet may be wifi, 3g, etc also charges for data usage and not according to minutes. Wifi tethering turns your phone into a mobile wifi hotspot and the internet shared by any device connected to your phone handles data bytes. If you are having unlimited data plan, then there is no need to worry about data usage when you tether your cell phone over internet.

Android Froyo has inbuilt screen capture utility and it has been checked for all Samsung phones. In this firmware, when you navigate to /system/app directory, then you would found ScreencaptureService.apk file. I guess it is a capturing tool. There is also a shortcut key for capturing screenshot. You can do so by pressing back and Home button. As you press these keys, a screenshot would be captured and would be stored in Screenshots directory.

The shortcut keys are amazing; it is a great feature of android froyo. I was also thinking that tethering charges for data usage. I have another question that is wifi calling available for T mobile. Also I want to know whether it charges for data usage and also let me know in detail more about wifi calling, needed equipments for it. I used Screenshot application from android market place for taking screenshots in the phone.

T-mobile has provided a wifi calling facility to its customers and it is free of charge. This feature has been developed by keeping in mind the coverage issues. This feature is helpful in the areas where coverage is limited and also most probably around the home. Wifi calling is charged according to minutes and not over data usage. It doesn’t include any monthly cost, just minute charge are added in your monthly plan. The essential equipments are wifi device, wifi internet, broadband internet and wireless router.