Thread: How to reset Gingerbread HTC HD2

How to reset Gingerbread HTC HD2

I purchased an HTC HD2 from a friend last week. It’s running 2.3.2 Gingerbread. I purchased it because I liked its features. There are many features of this phone such as 3G, TFT capacitive touch screen, 5 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. But the issue that I am facing with this phone is that I can’t access the android market from this phone because my colleague’s account is signed in and I can’t change it. I tried a lot but failed to solve this issue. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then how can I overcome this issue? Please do the needful if you know how to solve such issues.

Re: How to reset Gingerbread HTC HD2

The issue that you are facing is not much complicated. People quite often face such issues when they purchase a second hand cell phone. You are one of those people. To overcome such issues I suggest you to perform a factory reset or a hard reset through the settings. Reset usually clears all the errors and brings your mobile to its initial state. After performing the reset you can access the android market from your phone with your account signed in. Try this out and let me know about it. Please don’t forget to inform me about this issue.

I executed the steps you specified me to do but nothing changed. I wasn’t able to perform the reset on my phone. When I tried a factory reset through the settings and privacy tabs it didn’t do anything but restarted the cell phone. After that I tried to do a hard reset which also did nothing but it simply restarted the phone. Is there any other solution for this issue that you can suggest so that I can start accessing the android market from my account signed in. please help me out from this issue.

Reset usually fixes up such problems. But as you said that nothing happened after you tried a reset. This can be due to some minor errors in your cell phone. I would definitely suggest you some new ways to avoid such issues. First open the android folder present in the Micro SD card. There you can see a file named data.img. Delete those files from your SD card and reboot you cell phone. After performing these steps you can get access to the android market via your account. Please do inform me after performing these steps.

I tried to find the data.img file as mentioned you in my memory card but the file was not present over there. As I am not using the memory card that came along with the cell phone this can be the issue due to which I am not getting the data.img file. I think this folder might be loaded in the internal memory. Is there any other suggestion that you can provide me so that I can get rid from this issue? Please do reply the necessary suggestion if you can.

As you are not using the SD card that was provided along with the cell phone that is the reason you are not able to find the data.img file. There is another way to solve this issue. First switch off your cell phone after that press and hold the power button. This will direct you to the magldr screen. After this go to ad-recovery. This will be the first option that you might get if you have not upgraded to magldr 1.13. If this is successful then you will be taken into the black and orange clockwork recovery. From there you can flash the ROM present on your SD card. After flashing your ROM reboot your cell phone and this time you will definitely get access to the android market from your account signed in.

Sometimes cell phone users find this issue very complicated and are unable to solve it. If you are one of them please don’t panic after getting such issues. These issues are sometimes complicated but it can be solved. Simplest way that I would recommend to overcome such issues is to visit the service center. The employee present over there will assess your cell phone and will inform you about the exact cause of this issue. The employee will also solve the issue. He won’t charge you for this service . After this you won’t face such issues in future.