Thread: unable to make/receive calls on sony ericsson Xperia Play

unable to make/receive calls on sony ericsson Xperia Play

I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and my mobile phone was working perfectly. But before someday I started facing one problem with my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Now whenever I make calls or whenever I tried to send the messages at that time I unable to do that. I don’t know what went wrong with my mobile but I am very frustrated because of this problem. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: unable to make/receive calls on sony ericsson Xperia Play

I understand your problem and also gone through your whole post. First of all I suggest you to check the operator selection setting or network setting. In that setting try to search your operator manually. After searching completed select your operator and then restart your mobile after restarting the mobile try to call and message again. I think after doing that you will not find this problem again with your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Try this solution.

I have referred your issue as you mentioned in your post that you are not able to make calls and send messages. According to me there is some problem with your SIM card or some wrong setting in your mobile phone. I suggest you to insert any other SIM card in your mobile phone and after that try to make calls and send the messages. If you are able to do that with other SIM card then I think there is something wrong with you SIM card only and you should change the SIM card.

If you have purchased this mobile from some other country and you are using it with SIM card which belongs to the different region then I think it is problem of the region lock. Normally some SIM card does not supports with those mobile which have the region lock. So that is why I suggest you try to use an international SIM card in your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. If that card is working perfectly with your device then I think you should first unlock your mobile device and then insert local SIM card in that device. I hope my information will be helpful to you.

If you are facing this problem after trying the all solution then I have one more solution which you can try to solve your problem. First take the backup of all your data from your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. After that do the restore factory setting by going in to the setting and then select the SD card storage and the select the factory data reset. After doing that you will not face any problem with making calls and sending messages. So try this solution and let me know what the result is.

After reading your replies I have check all the setting of my network and operator selection. Also tried to make calls after selecting the network operator manually but I didn’t get any result after trying those tricks. After that I have done restore factory setting with my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and after that also I am facing the samke problem with my mobile device. There is no region block in my mobile as I have purchased it from this country only. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

After reading your issue I have searched on the internet and I have found one solution for you. If you are not able to make calls on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play then I think you should update your phone software. You can update your phone software of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play by downloading this UPDATE SEVICE. After downloading this you can update your mobile software and then you will be able to make calls from your mobile phone.