Thread: Sony w995 not getting charged through USB

Sony w995 not getting charged through USB

It has been just few months I have purchased Sony Ericsson phone and now I am getting problem in it. I usually charge my phone by plugging my phone to charger attached to wall socket. I have never connected my phone to USB, so did not know that my phone even gets charged through USB. I got this information when my friend told me about this, that your phone even gets charged through USB. So when I connected my phone to computer through USB, then it was not getting charged. So I want to know that how to charge it through USB.

Re: Sony w995 not getting charged through USB

When you connect your phone to computer through USB, then your phone should get detected by operating system. So for that, Sony provides you with a CD, which may be found from your mobile phone box. This CD includes all the drivers that OS requires to detect your phone. So install that driver into your computer and then connect your phone. Hence your phone would get detected it would get automatically charged.

Ensure that your phone is properly attached to the USB. The USB cable should be properly connected on both the sides, i.e. on phone’s side as well as on computer side. If your phone is not detected by your computer even after installing the required driver, then there would be problem in your USB port. If any another USB device like pen drive is getting detected by your computer than your USB port is working properly and if not, then uninstall your USB drivers from device manager and restart your computer and connect your phone again.

If there is something wrong with your phone settings, then also this problem could happen. So perform Master reset of your phone and then check whether it is getting charged. There may also be the case that the USB cable through which you are connecting your phone to computer may be faulty. So in order, to check that, you need to connect your phone with another cable. You should arrange that from your friend else you can purchase it from any local mobile phone dealer, it is not much costly.

If your phone is detected by your computer, but still not been able to charge it through USB, then this problem might be happening because of our phone’s firmware. So try to update your phone to a newer version. But in order to update your phone, you need Sony Ericsson PC Companion software of your model, which you may find from Sony website. Install this software into your computer and find update option from that software and perform the update. Your phone would get restarted after update process and then you would be able to charge it from USB.

I would recommend you to perform the following steps. When you connecting your phone to computer, then ensure that you connect your phone in Phone mode also known as PC mode. In this mode your phone would get charged. If you have connected your phone in USB mode, then safely remove your phone by right clicking from my computer and remove USB cable from USB port. Now select PC/Phone mode in your computer before connecting your phone to computer.

If these solutions didn’t worked then there exists only the last option i.e. to take your phone to Sony mobile service center. Tell them your query and they would find out a solution for this. If your phone is under warranty, then your problem would be fixed at free of cost, else you may also show your phone to local mobile repairing center and they would fix that problem at same cost as compared to Sony repairing center.