Thread: Is Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available to North American GSM carrier?

Is Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available to North American GSM carrier?

Hey guys I wanted share some of the critical information on Sony Ericson Xperia Play. As I have enquired about the phone, they told that this will release on the month of November, and they left me in dark till February 2011, and after February I came to know that they are releasing this phone with CDMA network, without some of the feature which the company has mentioned to give. After one month I was still waiting for the phone to be released in mid if the March with the GSM network in North America, But this end of the April and still waiting for the release of the Phone. Anyone wants to do comment then reply to this post. Thank you!

Re: Is Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available to North American GSM carrier?

Hey man, even I got the same reply when I was doing the enquiry of the same Phone. I am waiting to buy a new phone from last November, but I am getting confused, as I have seen that Motorola Atrix came in market and it was destroyed by iPhone4, after this HTC Thunderbolt came into existence with dual core processor and HD quality display and other more features. But now I am planning to buy HTC after looking at the behavior of Sony. I just don’t want to use that useless CDMA network with half of the utility. So I don’t have much patience and I am going with HTC. Thanks you

Hello everyone, I also wanted to share some more information on this as I am also searching for the same phone. I have done enquiry and searched on net but unfortunately, they have not yet given the information on specific release date of Xperia Play with GSM network. I have told one of my cousin in India to do enquiry about it, and I got info that they are providing the same phone with GSM network. Why the company is doing unfair with North Americans. I am finally going with Motorola Atrix, I think it will be the best for me.

Hey man that’s really a shame on us man, if we wanted to use CDMA network, then we must have selected T mobile for our choice. That phone also has the good feature but one negative point is that it is CDMA network, when we are demanding for GSM network then why Sony is not providing us with the same. I have also waited for a month after releasing date of the phone, but now I have planned to go with HTC or Motorola, I think they are our best partners. Thanks a lot to put such a great question on this forum.

Hello friends, I am just wanted to say thanks to you all and giving me support to protest against Sony Ericson. After a long wait I am also planning to go with Motorola or HTC phone. HTC phone are quite in demand now a day, but I am feeling bad to tell you all that I will miss the gaming experience on Xperia Play, which was my main reason to buy that cell phone. But not to worry I will hunt for the new one now with some of the similar features. Thanks a lot again.