Thread: Different Problems regarding the software update in X10i

Different Problems regarding the software update in X10i

Hi, I have a Sony xperia and it is a superb phone, but this last two days back I was trying to install the update of the software in my cell but I was having too many errors in updating the software, firstly when I connect my phone to the PC, it couldn’t detect the phone, but fortunately I was able to see all the content through the file manager. And after that when start following the steps for updating, in the second steps I got error, it was saying first that preparing for update but then it fails, and now in fact I am not able to start my phone even, I am not able to use it any way. Any suggestion?

re: Different Problems regarding the software update in X10i

Yeah it might happens in the updating through the PC, but as you are not even getting the phone started you can first try to flash the phone so the phone will start working, and then try to update the phone, but don’t try it by the PC as it may have the same problem, we have a option provided by the phone itself, you can try that one, it won’t take the more time than the PC. And I am sure the you’ll get the update soon.

See, you must have to flash at least once, because as you have mentioned it is not starting even, so first do It, but before that check that you have the proper internet connection, because while flashing the phone it download the software from the internet and delete the previous one and install the new software. But if the connection will be slow you won’t be able to download it, as it doesn’t support the resuming capability.

From which site you were updating my friend? Because there are many sites that provide such software, but as soon as you install it, it’ll give you different errors, or if it might get install it will give you error later but for sure. So I would recommend you to download the software from its official site only, as only they provide the legitimate software that installs properly and works properly.

Be sure about your hardware that it works properly or not, because it you have the problem in the cell itself, than updating is the none issue, so I insist you to go to the nearest repairing shop and make sure that the hardware is working properly, and check the wire(data cable) provided to us is working properly or not, because after some time Sony has this problem, the connection get loose. So couldn’t connect to the PC. I would recommend you, that make sure about the hardware first.

You can visit the Sony Ericsson’s support center also, and describe your problem in the details as they will give you the proper solution, because as it is not working now and you try to perform some unnecessary steps, rather you’ll lose your phone too, so got to support center, and if you have the guarantee period remaining you’ll get the service for free whereas if you go outside somewhere for repairing you have to pay for that and there are many other risk associated with that.

I have the same phone, and I have also try to install the update so too many times but the same problems occurred. Even though the updates are available for both the phones (x10a and x10i) they are not useful, I try to install it from different methods even but I could not actually, so I just decided to stick with what I have, as it is also working fine, but yeah I won’t get the benefit that is made in the software, I think there is some bug in their software only, might be possible.