Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia play showing high data traffic inspite of disabling the background data

Sony Ericsson Xperia play showing high data traffic inspite of disabling the background data

Hey I guys I need your help, I am using Sony Ericson Xperia play cell phone, in which I use limited downloading plan with 50mb per month on 3G network. As you all know that this cell phone have long list of applications. I have installed many downloading software in it e.g. Liveware manager, get games and media server etc. this applications gets start automatically and literally it take 3 to 4 MB per day though I am disabling the background data. I am not able to understand what settings I am missing here, how this all is happening with me, can anyone tell me why? Please reply to this post I am waiting for your replies.

re: Sony Ericsson Xperia play showing high data traffic inspite of disabling the background data

Hello, I have gone through to your problem and I have searched on it. I have one solution for you can check on the android website, because this error is not with phone, this is the error with operating system of the cell phone. You need to check about the titanium backup of the phone which is available on official website of the android. Titanium backup also contain the root which have backup for android 1.5 to 2.3. So all the best and beware using this tool, if you are not able to understand then you should take the help of internet and some of the professional people. All the Best!

re: Sony Ericsson Xperia play showing high data traffic inspite of disabling the background data

Hello friends, I have gone through to the above post and I have some additional information about this issue. The application you are using, it might not be encoded to use the data background feature, though it is allowing you to change in the data background setting, it results that some application have no option to turn off and on automatically with respect to internet connectivity. And as per my knowledge Liveware manager and Media server does not communicate with internet so that it will not consume your data, you must check for the third party application which you have installed on your cell phone. Thank you.

Hey friends, after reading all above post I can say that the above posts are completely true. Well looking at your data consumption matter I can say that, you are missing some setting or you might have changed some setting unknowingly which result in high data consumption. Here I have some settings for you which will help you to solve your problem, check below:

• Go to menu in which you will find setting and then select Sony Ericson
    • In that option you will find Usage Info
    • After that deselect the send usage info

After that reboot the phone, and I hope that you will solve your problem. All the Best!

Hey dude, I just want so say that, just don’t worry with this case, we all are here to help you and it is not that big issue as well. Just try to use apply the above setting to your cell phone and see it is working for you or not. if it is not working then after applying above setting do some other changes in below given options:

• Go to menu where you will find About Phone
    • In About Phone, you can see the Software update
    • Deselect the Auto Search for software update.

Mostly auto update uses the data in background, so just stop it and see that your problem got solved or not.

Hello, friends, I also want add some of my personal information on this forum today with Android and Xperia Play. I have read above all settings and I have also checked that these setting are perfectly true, and I also want to add that after applying all setting you need to check for the third party applications encoding to use the background data option. Because the application like Get Games runs with the internet connectivity and it also get updated automatically. So personally speaking that when you are using such android you must have the big or unlimited internet plan, and then only you can enjoy the Android world. All the Best

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia play showing high data traffic inspite of disabling the background data

Hey guys, I don’t know how can appreciate your effort and solution. After reading you all post I took time to think and I applied all above ideas on my cell phone, after that I came to know that some of my third party applications were not encoded for the background data option. I have seen that, Play station Pocket was consuming more data and it was crating more data traffic in my phone. When I unchecked all auto update, I automatically understand that now it is not consuming data in background. Thanks a lot again and enjoy the Technology.