Thread: Sony ericsson X10 android update from 1.6 to 2.1

Sony ericsson X10 android update from 1.6 to 2.1

Hey guys, I have received my Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 4 days back , and after doing surfing on my phone I came to know about old firmware for a 1.6 OS. After calling Customer Support they told me that the Firmware isn't released and they are presently working on it. The thing I want to ask is that i have seen firmware 2.1 and it seems official and I don't want to perform a generic or flash as I don't want to end up messing with my phone and later not being able to download the actual firmware because of some or other issues. Could someone guide me with what to do and how because it’s a awesome phone.

Re: Sony ericsson X10 android update from 1.6 to 2.1

Ya it wil take time to get the update of x10 as I have came to know that by the end of Q2 and early Q3, Sony Ericsson is likely to release an update for the X10 which will be Android 2.3. but its going to be available only for unlocked devices, so it's up to you If you want it and are ready to wait for a miracle which I guess I not going to help. I couldn’t provide you any other guidelines besides then this.. Sorry..Anyone who is aware about it can give suggestions.

Its indeed very simple, for this you just need to download the flash tool, and then follow this:
    1. download and install FlashTool
      You can Download FlashTool version 0.2.9.1 by searching it on the google.
    2. After you are done with installing it, now you need to download the firmware and put it inside firmwares folder

FlashTool - firmwares

Hello pals, I just came to know from a friend that if you install 2.1 you can even install Xperia Arc's launcher. It is really awesome…But I have a problem, everytime i turn my phone off and hold down back button when I plug the usb, a led comes on for approx 5-10 seconds and then the green led goes off and the phone then starts again and again. Can I get to know about the solution of this problem?