Thread: Wi-Fi is not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

Wi-Fi is not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

I purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro mobile phone couple of days back. Today when I tried to connect my mobile to Wi-Fi, I was surprised to find that it has stopped working. It is trying to connect to Wi-Fi but after trying for few seconds, a message “obtaining address” appears and keeps continuing. It won’t connect at all. It stops only when I disconnect the connecting process. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind this problem? Please help me.

Re: Wi-Fi is not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

You should probably check your Wi-Fi connection first. It might be possible that the problem is with your connection and not your Ericsson X10 mobile. Make sure the router is working properly. I would suggest you to restart your router and try connecting some other device or laptop to your existing Wi-Fi connection. This will assure you whether your Wi-Fi is working well or not. Also try connecting your mobile to some other Wi-Fi network. If your mobile is connecting to other networks then the problem is with your Wi-Fi connection and if other devices are working by using your current Wi-Fi connection, then the problem is with your mobile.

I would suggest you to perform firmware update of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro mobile phone. Search for Sony Ericsson Update Service in the official website of Sony Ericsson and download the file to update your firmware. The file will mostly be in zip format. Unzip the file and extract the update file. Transfer the file to your mobile by using USB cable and install the file in your mobile. Once you have installed the new updates, restart your phone to see the changes.

Performing hard reset in your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro mobile can prove helpful to solve your problem. There are few threads in this forum which have suggested this solution for solving issues in Sony Ericsson mobile phones. Just visit the following link you can find different solutions here. You can try anyone of them and check out which one is solving your problem. Reply if anyone of them is helping you out.

Flashing is one god method by which you can reinstall the factory settings which were default in your out-of-box Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro mobile. You need to have Sony Ericsson PC Suite to complete this process. Download the PC suite for Sony Ericsson from the official website of Sony Ericsson and install that in your computer. Now follow the below steps:
    • Run the Sony Ericsson PC suite.
    • Click on Tools tab and then on the Phone Repair option.
    • Click Continue button and follow the instructions given on the screen.
    • From the list of Sony Ericsson mobiles, select yours and then connect your mobile and computer by using USB cable.
    • Let the process take time to get completed.

I have come across many people who had faced this problem of Wi-fi not able to connect or not working properly. After going through many forums and websites I got to know that one Android app called Wi-Fi Fixer can easily fix this problem and make your Wi-Fi to work again smoothly without any issues. You can search for the Wi-Fi app on Internet and download it from there. Or you can easily find this app in the Android Market for download. It will cost your around $ 0.99. you can also try other apps like FXR WiFi fix and rescue, WifiFixerFree, WiFi Auto ReEnabler app and check if they help you in any way.

According to me there is some kind of hardware problem in your Xperia X10 mini mobile, that is why you are unable to hear any kind of sound or music. The best possible solution for this problem according to me is to send your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini mobile to the nearest Sony Ericsson Service Center and get your mobile repaired as soon as possible. I fear that you must have void your mobile warranty by updating your OS to Android 2.1, so probably you will have to pay for the service.

i faced this problem today and found that this issue Related with router so you have to Disable MAC address in wireless setting and it will be work !