Thread: No sound after updating Sony Ericsson X10 mini to Android 2.1

No sound after updating Sony Ericsson X10 mini to Android 2.1

Hi guys, I recently bought Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini mobile. After using it for two weeks I decided to update its OS to the latest available Android 2.1. But after updating to Android 2.1 I realized that the sound of my mobile is not working. It has turned to Mute. Also the vibration has stopped working. Does anyone know what must be the reason behind this problem? Please help me with your suggestions. It will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: No sound after updating Sony Ericsson X10 mini to Android 2.1

I would suggest you to do Soft reset. This can be done by following the below few steps:
    1. Before starting the process make sure that the battery of your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini is fully recharged, so that the mobile doesn’t switch offs while in the middle of performing Soft reset
    2. On the Home screen of your mobile, click on the applications bar
    3. Click on Settings option and then on SD card, USB Mass Storage & phone storage
    4. Now go to Factory data reset and click on Reset phone option.
    5. Before resetting the phone, the phone will prompt for password to unlock the option.
    6. Enter the correct password and finally click on Erase everything option.

According to me there is some kind of hardware problem in your Xperia X10 mini mobile, that is why you are unable to hear any kind of sound or music. The best possible solution for this problem according to me is to send your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini mobile to the nearest Sony Ericsson Service Center and get your mobile repaired as soon as possible. I fear that you must have void your mobile warranty by updating your OS to Android 2.1, so probably you will have to pay for the service.

If the Soft Reset is not solving your issue then I would recommend you to perform Hardware reset (usually called as Hard Reset.) To perform hard reset, follow these few steps:
    • Open the back case of your mobile and remove the battery of your mobile.
    • Press and hold the left and right buttons below the screen of your Xperia X10 mini at the same time.
    • Press the reset button on the right side of the battery panel with the help of Stylus.
    • When prompted, enter R, to reset the settings to default.
    • Finalize the changes by clicking on space bar.

There are possibilities that you must have not performed the update properly from the authorized website. I would recommend you to update your firmware from Sony Ericsson’s official website. Use Sony Ericsson Update Service to update your firmware. It is recommended to use a fully charged battery while you are updating the OS. Because if the phone switch offs while you are updating your OS then it might corrupt your phone completely and then your mobile phone will start malfunctioning.

I had also faced this problem a while back and after attempting lots of suggestions the one solution which did the trick for me was flashing my mobile. There are many threads related on this topic in our forum site. Visit the following link and check out the steps to perform Flashing in your mobile phone: Steps to Flash Sony Ericsson mobile
    make sure that you have taken back-up of all your important data as after flashing your data will be completely lost.