Thread: How to boot Acer Aspire notebook from external hard drive.

How to boot Acer Aspire notebook from external hard drive.

Recently I have purchased Acer aspire laptop it is very amazing notebook. It is enable lot of features. I am using in this notebook windows xp operating system. But I am facing a problem in this laptop when I boot this notebook then it checks the file system continuously means it goes in the loop. I think that it is useless. I want to boot it from the external hard drive. But I don’t have any idea how to boot it from the external hard drive. Could you help me how to create bootable USB external hard drive? Is it possible or not?

Re: How to boot Acer Aspire notebook from external hard drive.

I think that you could boot off an eSATA drive for running windows 7, but remember one thing if you would must also have 2nd copy of windows for drive for it to be turn on and be invariably backing it to preserve the similar data that you have keep in your regular hard drive. But you can do this another way with backing up regularly maintaining incremental images and remember if your hard drive either corrupt or it would not restart so you have a fresh drive to restore the images to it. You will have to use Acronis TrueImage. I think this is a simple solution to what you are recommending.

I would like to tell you that you can boot from an external hard drive. It will have to connect with your computer but the system must have a code unit for that working. But as you know the modern system can boot from the USB. Therefore it has the essential code. But as in my knowledge the old systems don’t have that code. But in rarely cases the choice for system to boot from a USB drive is most clear. I am telling some steps if you will press the function key then it will arise the pop up boot menu window but now on my current computer I just press F8 key then now 1st BIOS messenger start for appearing me. It shows BIOS supported menu. Then there you can see the the USB bootable option. Then after the steps what says your window.

As I heard that windows is not designed for booting from a USB hard drive but you know something it is actually hacked it can. As I know. But I want to suggest you that you can do this with smartly by using the eSATA hard drive with SATA as much as with the OS is concerned. There is a huge different between the external and internal hard drive. But for thing you will have to great excellent skill. Because everything is possible. And also suggest you can explore some related topic on Google.

One way to accomplish the desired results without establishing boot bus extension would be if the one TB drive could be removed from the USB enclosure & installed on your computer. That would give the "replacement unit" that you need. In case you start with an empty room (the type of drive mechanism to add a premium for yourself), which lets you remove the disk later, and install on your computer. Enclosures of this type exist for both IDE and SATA (I have the IDE version of there of).