Thread: Camcorder that can detect infrared light

Camcorder that can detect infrared light

Hello everyone.I would start this thread by saying that I am somewhat new to this territory and if there is a issue then do help me out and forgive me. I would say this one by saying that I am looking for a new camcorder that can detect infrared light similar to the NightShot mode with Sony. I need one that can turn it into the black or gray or white or green colors. I am specific about that and I would say that I am not looking for the one that emits IR light because I can get external IR illumination. Please do get back to me with some suggestions.

Re: Camcorder that can detect infrared light

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that it is really interesting that you are looking for a Camcorder that can detect infrared light. Now proceeding further I would say that the solution to your question was present in your answer itself. What I mean to say is that you can certainly go ahead with the NightShot mode from Sony as that seems to be the best possible option right now. SO I guess that this is my opinion and hope that you will work on it.

I would completely agree with the solution that is being provided earlier and would say that this is very proper that you should go with Sony only. But apart from that if you are really looking for something different then you can go ahead with the Canon ZR series which is again beautiful. I would say that all the three of Canon ZR series camcorders can see infrared lights. Also there have been some other Sony camcorders which still have NightShot capability. And they are built-in IR lamp. So these are the options that you can work with and I hope that you will certainly go ahead with one of them.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided. I just went through then and I would say that I was looking for something similar solution. Also I would say that I had checked for the NightShot mode from Sony but I found it a bit expensive and was unfortunately not fitting my budget. So this was the problem with me. But now that you have given me the options of Canon I will definitely look forward to it. Also I would say that if there are any other solutions apart from this then do get back to me.