Thread: Recovering deleted SMS from Nokia E72

Recovering deleted SMS from Nokia E72

I am using Nokia E72 cell phone from last 6 months. I am quite satisfied with the phone selection. It is a symbian smart phone with features such as 3G, TFT display, 5 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth. Nokia E72 a high-performance device made for seamless business and personal communication. As this is especially designed for personal communication it suites me a lot. I had a query related to this phone which I wanted to clarify. Yesterday while deleting some unwanted messages from my phone I also deleted some important messages by mistake. The query is that can I recover those deleted messages? The messages had some important information in it. If it is possible to recover then how can I do that? Please do the needful if you can?

Re: Recovering deleted SMS from Nokia E72

Nokia E72 is an excellent phone with many features. But the issue that you have expressed is quite complicated. Once a message is deleted from a cell phone it very difficult to get that message back. In other words you can say it is almost impossible. But I know a way using which you can recover deleted SMS from your phone memory or SIM. To recover your messages perform the following steps:
    • Download system explorer or file explorer program (file man or FExplorer application with the package) from internet.
    • Connect your phone to your PC.
    • Open FExplorer application.
    • Select drive C: or D: depending on the memory in which the SMS messages have been saved.
    • Open the System folder
    • Open mail folder
    • Then in this folder you will see different folders (e.g. 0010001_s) and certain files (e.g. 00100000). These files are the actual messages. Browse through every folder and open all files till you get the SMS you are looking for. The files inside these folders contains deleted messages

Recovering the deleted messages from any cell phone is very complex or impossible task. If you think your messages were very important I recommend you to take advice from any professional person who has in-depth knowledge regarding any cell phones. That person if possible will tell you or guide you with the steps using which you can recover those deleted messages.

Recovering the deleted messages from any cell phone is very complex or impossible task. If you think your messages were very important I recommend you to take advice from any professional person who has in-depth knowledge regarding any cell phones. That person if possible will tell you or guide you with the steps using which you can recover those deleted messages.

hi. im using nokia e-72.. i did all your steps and installed the Fexplorer perfectly but when i opened the C: folder then proceed to System folder, i cant find the "mail" folder.. would you know the reason behind that?.. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by xinav View Post
    hi. im using nokia e-72.. i did all your steps and installed the Fexplorer perfectly but when i opened the C: folder then proceed to System folder, i cant find the "mail" folder.. would you know the reason behind that?.. thank you.
    If its not in C:, better Checkout D because probably the people use to keep their message memory to memory card. You would have also done the same. So, browser FEXplorer in D drive and see if you get the Mail folder under system folders.

Hi,
    OVI SUITE 3.1.1.85 has deleted a few hundreds of my SMS from my E72 while synchronizing for the first time...there was(hopefully is) some important information!Can anybody help?PC with Windows XP
    Thanks in advance

Re: Recovering deleted SMS from Nokia 2730

hi im trying to recover deleted sms from nokia 2730 and when i download fexplorer on computer it open in word and are unable to read it, any help out there

Re: Recovering deleted SMS from Nokia 2730

Quote Originally Posted by nicren View Post
    i download fexplorer on computer it open in word
    What ?? What you mean by that ?? FExplorer is a mobile application, how did you installed in on your computer ??? You have to install it in your mobile, go to application, open it, and follow the steps.

so go to application on my nokia? im trying to recover deleted sms