Thread: Touchpad and webcam not working in Toshiba Satellite A350D-122 laptop

Touchpad and webcam not working in Toshiba Satellite A350D-122 laptop

I have two difficulties with Toshiba satellite A350D-122 laptop. First, the touchpad scroll stops working without any warning or any error message and settings also seems to be ok. I did every possible setting to troubleshoot the problem but nothing works. I have to reboot the computer to reactive it. I am also experiencing webcam problem. The image on the webcam is too dark that I cannot see anything properly. The image is almost dark and I also changed settings but it’s not working.

Re: Touchpad and webcam not working in Toshiba Satellite A350D-122 laptop

The first and simple method is that you need to install drivers of all hardware devices of your system because without drivers your hardware won’t work. Driver CD comes with your hardware device. Insert driver CD into CD_ROM then the computer will automatically ask for the installation process but if it doesn’t then you can always install drivers manually, for this go to “my computer” and open your CD-ROM and run setup program and follow the instructions. After finishing the installation process reboot or restart your computer system

There may be one possibility why your hardware is not working properly is that your hardware drivers are outdated and need to be update over the internet, for that visit the official site of Toshiba where you can find drivers or you can also buy driver CD from a retailer so there will be no piracy or illegal activity. if you don’t have internet connection to update your drivers over the internet then go to your nearest service center they will surely solve your problem and make sure it’s in warranty period.

I’m also facing this problem but I think the problem is not with drivers may be it’s with operating system. I had windows XP but then I installed windows 7 and the problem I was having was gone. It worked with me. sometime your touch pad is turned on because they have some special key or key combination to turn on/off. Try FN key +F9 and see if this combination works or not and pay attention to your touch pad light whether Its turning off or on. My friend also had the same problem but then he installed ubuntu in his system and now his webcam and touch works fine.

I did this sometime ago and I hope this works with you also. First, switch off the power supply from the computer and then disconnect all the hardware devices (hard disk,CD-ROM,RAM, etc.) and also remove your battery from your motherboard then hold power button for 10-15 seconds so that the remaining current will be free from the capacitors. After doing this restart your laptop without connecting your peripheral devices and your BIOS will automatically scan and load all device drivers and the settings will go back to the manufacturing stage.