Thread: How to map remote drive on Nokia E7 file manager?

How to map remote drive on Nokia E7 file manager?

Hello guys I have purchased Nokia E7 few months, I was really happy with the features and the functionality of Nokia E7. Till now I didn’t faced any problem with my handset. i found one denture in that you can map remote WEBDAV address drive to the File manager of your Nokia phone. I have accounts with the drivehq, bx, drive etc. So i have provided my login id to map the WebDav. I am able to see the network drive on icon, but when i try to connect it nothing happens at all. So guys please help me out is there any other way to do that?

Re: How to map remote drive on Nokia E7 file manager?

Hey i had the same issue when i tried to map remote WEBDAV address drive to the File manger of the Nokia phone. i searched about it on the internet and found the solution it happens because of the fring application installed on the phone. Because of that i wasn’t able to connect so i uninstalled the fring application and then i was able to map dropbox as a network on my Nokia E7. i think same thing is happening with you just uninstall the fring application and everything will be fine.

Thanks buddy for reverting so quickly, and after reading your post i just did what you have said i removed the fringe application and Voila, then Box and Share started to work. But Skydrive is still not working. And thing is i want to connect to my skydrive because it gives me 25GB. So guys is there any other solution to connect to skydrive after uninstalling the fringe applications which were initially blocking the Nokia E7 file manager to connect.

Hey mate is that the new chat application on Nokia E7 you are talking? It works fine for me and Social Nokia i don’t have any issue with that. I guess there is some limitations on the transfer of files, but I'm not sure about the limit i.e. how much is allowed? and in the remote units, that thing could be the reason for not connecting Skydrive. I do not know how fring affect remote connections unit, but currently it operates without fring installed.

Dude that can be some problem with the application i have updated all the application by Ovi suite but nothing worked for me. Well there are many alternative applications for twitter and other social networking sites like tweets60, twimgo, socially etc. but if you are very particular about using the better installation then install the application again from the labs you can download .sis files. i am quite sure this will definitely work for you.