Thread: After upgrading to windows 7 my HP pavilion dv6-3140 not working

After upgrading to windows 7 my HP pavilion dv6-3140 not working

I have HP pavilion dv6-3140 laptop on mine system and under that I have installed the windows vista. Last week I have upgraded mine windows vista to windows 7. Everything on the installation of windows 7 works fine and I didn’t had any issue but after restarting mine system I have found the lots of issue on mine laptop. Mine windows defender and windows security center are not enabling and mine Microsoft security essential not working. Now I don’t what to do. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me on this topic.

Re: After upgrading to windows 7 my HP pavilion dv6-3140 not working

I have faced the same issue on mine system as well. You did not mention the source from where you downloaded the Microsoft security essential. Because I believe that the installations file that you might not suitable or damaged. So try to download the file from the official Microsoft site, and then reinstall it on your system. Once you installed and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

As you said that you’re MSE not working. I think you’re anti-malware programs already running on your computer may conflict with Microsoft security essential. And so I would like to suggest you reinstall the all antimalware and after that restart your system and then go through your issue of MSE. While reinstalling the antimalware make sure that you have uninstalled the earlier version of antimalware. I hope this will help you.

I think you should not click on the link to help you enable the Windows Defender and you should try letting you manually. unlock the Control Panel and after that unlock Administrative Tools. Now change to the Services tab and seem for Windows Defender. You have to choose a start automatically as Type. Now change to the Log On tab, get on "Local System account" and to control the check box provided. After that goes to the recovery tab and makes certain that Windows Defender least try two times to start and after that go to General Tab and tick Start.

I think you have lots of issue on your operating system and so therefore I would like to suggest you to uninstall and after that install the windows 7 again and after that your issue will get solved. To uninstall the windows 7 go to the start icon on the desktop and after that make click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the add/remove program and under that select the operating system and after that make double click on that and then uninstall it. Now once you finish the uninstall and after that install new and after that go through your issue.