Thread: Nokia 5800 automatically goes in offline mode

Nokia 5800 automatically goes in offline mode

I am using the Nokia 5800 mobile phone and using the same from last 12 months now the thing here is that my phone automatically goes in the offline mode and the network is not present in fact a cross sight “X” is shown instead of the network. I really don’t know why this is happening and how I can get rid of this one please help me out of the same. And also let me some ways that will take me out of this issue.

Re: Nokia 5800 automatically goes in offline mode

Well the problem that you are facing is not the unique one because many of the Nokia users have gone through this one and got caught in one situation. So what I want you to do here is that whenever you are in this started then you have to switch off the mobile phone and then remove the back cover and remove the SIM card and then again insert the same I am sure that this time you will start the phone properly and in the start it will ask you whether to continue the phone in offline mode or not and that time I want you to select no and the phone will be in the normal condition as it was.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that the errors that you are facing is due to the SIM card only so now what you have to do here is that check whether the SIM card is in the appropriate state or not because sometimes the SIM card have scratches on it and the copper part gets removed which tends the unwanted behavior of the phone. So if yours is the same then please change the SIM by requesting to the service provider.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem few days back when my Nokia 5800 was fallen from an height and nothing happens to the phone physically but the phone normally use to go in the offline mode. And I am sure that you are also in the same phase. And after trouble shooting a lot I found that the SIM card slot was broken internal so I placed a complaint and get it replaced from the officials and I feel that you are also on the same side so try and do the similar thing and I hope that the issue will be solved.

If you will ask me then I think there is only one thing that will save you here and that is nothing but updating the software of the phone and once the same is done then you will not face any issues what so ever. Just try and do the same thing and if it doesn’t help you then I want you just to visit the Nokia care and place a complaint over there and let them do the rest. I assure you that once the complaint is posted in front of the Nokia officials then you will not face any kind of issue what so ever.

Maybe that I am replying very very late. I also faced the same problem with my Nokia 5800. It went to offline Mode and every time I tried to change it to Normal (General) or so, it asked me to insert the sim card. After giving up of finding any help from the internet(Forum), I noticed that I pushed the sim card way down in to the slot, opposed to alligning it the golden perforation line that is shown just behind the Battery compartment in which you can see the end tip of the Sim card. Then, the card was recognised and asked me about the country I am in, the City, and then it got registered to the Network the sim card belonged to. So, the best thing to do is, no matter how accurately you alligned the simcard into the slot, it may slide down toward the mid of the phone and the status of the network may change to 'offline mode', so it would be a good idea to put something solid into the small slot window to restrict the simcard from sliding down to the cellphone. I hope it will help you. This is the only solution, I believe. If you found it helpfull, please give your thanks to God the almighty!

smile Re: Nokia 5800 automatically goes in offline mode

Selassiay. So glad you made this late post. The sim slipping in was exactly what was wrong with my phone. Thanks.