Thread: Screen of Dell Alienware M17x R1 goes black and system restarts

Screen of Dell Alienware M17x R1 goes black and system restarts

I have a Dell Alienware 9 M17x R1 with me and would say that this was going alright with me and then suddenly some error occurred on my system. The thing is that I was playing a game other day and then all of a sudden the laptop restarted. After that the laptop would do fine for sometime and then again then it just slowed down.After that there was more problem in store when the screen suddenly went black.I am really worried about this and don’t know what I need to do to solve the problem that I am facing.

Re: Screen of Dell Alienware M17x R1 goes black and system restarts

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this problem has been faced by many people and there is a solution to this problem as well. I would say that you need to boot it up into Safe Mode and see if the restart does occur or not.Once you boot the system in the safe mode then I am sure that there wont be any issues at all and the problem that you are facing wont arise again.If the problem still persists then you need to check this out with someone from Dell.

As someone said that this is a problem that is faced by many people and unfortunately I was part of those many people. The thing is that even I had a similar kind of problem where the screen used to go black for a while but then I found a solutions for this. What I did was that I fixed it when I uninstalled the video drivers and removed then using a Driver Sweeper and then installed the required drivers from Dell's site.This is what I did and it helped me to solve the problem that I was facing. So I would tell you to go with the same solution and then I am sure that there wont be any issues at all.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that they have been really helpful to me. I will surely use the solutions that you have currently given to me. What I am saying is that I did a BIOS update when the problem first occurred but the problem persisted.So I was very confused on what steps I need to take to solve this issue. Now that you have given this solutions I will definitely work on them and hope that they will work for me.

I think that you need to check the drivers and see if they are properly installed or not. Also I would say that you need to install them as soon as possible. Also I would tell you that you need to check your GPU as well or else you need to check get a new GPUs for the same issue. Along with this you can even try running it on with SLI disabled and see what happens. So these are some of the options that are present in front of you and I am sure that once you will use then the problem will be solved immediately.

I would tell you that you need to perform a factory recovery to solve the problem that you are facing. Also I feel that the laptop doesn’t slow down because this particular reason and I assume that there is another reason why this is a problem that you are facing. But at the same time even I don’t entirely understand why the screen goes blank and it reboots.But I am sure that once you use these solutions then there wont be a problem.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided to me and would say that they have really been handy to me. Even I used the same solutions that have been mentioned over here and would say that the problem that I was facing just got solved. I would say that this solution should be use by all the people who are facing with similar problem.So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me and would say that they have been really very handy to me.