Thread: Unable to update software in 5800xm

Unable to update software in 5800xm

Hello friends I am using nokia 5800 Xpress music and I regularly synchronize my phone with nokia OVI suite. All the things were going absolutely fine but before some days I get the update alert for my nokia 5800 software and I have not done any update with my phone before this. But when I tried to update my phone with nokia OVI at that time its giving me message that nokia update service has stopped working. I don’t know what is wrong with it please tell me what is problem behind that?

Re: Unable to update software in 5800xm

As you are saying that you are not able to do the phone software update with nokia OVI suite and it is saying that nokia update service has stopped updating. According to your scenario there may be possibilities of any application like anti virus or firewall is blocking this connection. And that is why software update is not proceeding ahead. So I suggest you if you are running any anti virus then disable it temporary and then try to update your phone. After that you will not face any problem with it. But make sure that firewall is also not blocking this service.

If you are having trouble with updating your phone from nokia OVI suite. Then is suggest you to first update your Nokia OVI suite and then install it in your computer after that try to update your phone again. If you still facing the same problem then just uninstall the nokia OVI suite and download the fresh installer from nokia website. After installing the fresh nokia OVI suite you will be able to do the software update. I think after doing that you will not face any problem with it.

There is one more way to do the nokia device software update. If nokia OVI store is not helping you then you can download the nokia software updater from nokia official site and then install it in your computer. After that download the update pack for your nokia mobile and then connect your mobile with computer and install those updates. But make sure that you take all the backup form your phone. Once updates is done after that restore the backup in your phone. now you will not find any problems with that.

I was having the same problem with my nokia OVI suite and I have tried to update it from nokia pc suite. I have successfully updated the nokia software but I suggest you to do not try to update the software form your computer. It is very risky and if anything goes wrong then there is a chance of mobile gets dead. So it is better you do those updates at nokia care only. If the mobile warranty is not expired then you will get this service at free of cost.

After reading the all the suggestion I have tried to update but I was not able to do the update the I read that it is very risky and mobile may get dead so o stopped trying to update my phone. Now I have decide to update my nokia phone software from nokia gallery as my mobile is in warranty period. So I think it is better to not take any risk. Thank you so much for all your suggestion and useful information. I really appreciate your help.

Hi friends I was using the nokia 6300 and It was very nice phone. After that I purchased nokia 5800Xpress music and after that my phone is working perfectly. I use to transfer my files from nokia pc suite. Before someday I received one notification for my phone software update. I have tried to update my software but I am not able to do. I have also tried software updater to but after that also I am not able to so software update. Please tell me what is the problem behind that? Please give me solution for this.