Thread: How to disable internet access in Nokia C5-03

How to disable internet access in Nokia C5-03

Hello everyone i have a small problem that i would like to share it with you all, well the problem is that i want to disable the internet access completely in my mobile, as far as the wifi connection is concerned then its ok but if we talk about the normal internet access which my telephone service provider provides then i want to stop completely so that's why I want to know how is that possible? I need your help on such topic and I am expecting some good response from your side so I hope you will reply to me as soon as possible.

Re: How to disable internet access in Nokia C5-03

Yes one simple suggestion for you is that to disable all the mobile access points that will solve the problem for you. With the disabling for all the access point the internet connection to your mobile will be completely disabled and you can enable wifi connection after that so that’s a very simple solutions that I would like to give it to you hope you all liked it. In case you have any other query regarding this problem then do let me know as well I am waiting for the question.

Yes that is correct and apart from that you will have to make sure that you have removed all the applications in the phone that take up the internet connection from your phone there are many applications that are present which tends to connect to your phone without your knowledge and hence it will end up using the internet connection and one day you will end up having a long bill. So just a small warning from my side for you.

According to me it is better to have a talk with the service provider for the solutions. Ask them to disable the service from there only. I think that’s a better solution for you so go ahead with that and I am sure it will be of good help for you. Then you can access the wifi wherever you are having the wifi access point make sure you have disabled all the internet access points in your phone. Do try that and I am sure it will be of good help for you.

well, if you want to disable internet access in nokia C5-03 at your own will then may be there email connection of your device remaining on.So go to 'email' explore the 'options' and select 'disconnect all' and press 'ok'.
    Last edited by subhas; 17-05-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Hello subhas thank you for your response on my query. according to your information i check my internet settings in my nokia c5-03 and as per your suggestion i make changes in it. and then i restart my mobile and then i again try it and then i observe that its works perfectly. and now i can easily disabled my internet access in my nokia c5-03. thank you again.

idea Re: How to disable internet access in Nokia C5-03

I've had this same problem. There's no need to permanently disable the access. If you go into Settings\connectivity\destinations on the phone you will see Internet listed with the number of access points. Go into this option and you will see the access points listed with a "priority" 1,2 3 etc. When your phone connects it only uses the access point that is set at priority 1. You can set up a new access point and give it priority 1 (for example if you are somewhere near a free wi-fi spot you can connect and the phone will save the new wi-fi spot as an access point) then set the priority on the new access point to 1 and everytime your phone tries to connect it will either do so for free if you are in range or it will fail if you're out of range. If you then want to actually connect using the normal method anytime and you phone can't connect because you are out of range of the new free wi-fi access point you've set up, it will list all available access points for you to choose from.

I phoned my service provider three tmes about how to stop my phone connecting and aslo went in to the shop where I bought the phone and they either didn't know how to stop this or just wouldn't tell me. I discovered how to do it by a lot of playing around and since I did it my phone hasn;t been chewing up my credit at all.