Thread: Nokia N8: Unable to update OVI maps through OVI suite

Nokia N8: Unable to update OVI maps through OVI suite

I am using Nokia N8. Well I am looking to get the latest version of the OVI map through the OVI suite. However I have tried the same and go the following error message while doing the same. The error message can be stated as ‘something has gone wrong cannot update....’Let me know why this particular issue is being happening in the situation of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Nokia N8: Unable to update OVI maps through OVI suite

The problem which you have mentioned over here is might be happening due to OVI suite which you have installed on the computer. I am suggesting that you should download and install the latest version of the OVI suite from the official website of the Nokia. Once you have downloaded and installed the same you should try to update the Nokia OVI map and see whether it is working or not. I am waiting for the quick response.

Well the issue which you have mentioned over here is being happening due to backend server which is preventing the appropriate delivery of the update in the situation of yours. i have found the Nokia team is already working on the problem and they will fix the matter as early as possible. Till then we need to wait. I will let you know if there is any official announcement from the Nokia team regarding the fixing of the problem.

Looking at the issue which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting the following thing which you can do to fix the problem of yours. well you should remove the E:\Cities + .qf file from the computer of yours and simply restart the OVI maps on the computer so that it can initialize as well as recreate the appropriate folder structure and you can download the OVI maps on the phone of yours. so try the thing which you have mentioned over here and let me know about the results.

I have seen number of people who are having the similar problem which you have mentioned over here. I am highly suspecting that this particular issue is being occurring due to bug issue. So I recommend that all the users who are having the same problem should file a bug report to the Nokia team. The Nokia team will work around on the situation and they will release appropriate update once they have fixed bug from the above mentioned software. So let me know about the experience of yours so that other users can learn from the same.