Thread: Nokia C7 backlight time out setting.

Nokia C7 backlight time out setting.

Hello guys, I have recently bought a Nokia C7. I am really enjoying its feature and functionality, I also liked it’s touch panel which was quite hard on the Nokia 5800 I was using that handset previously. And the problem with C7 is its backlight it automatically goes off very quickly I have set it to the 30 seconds it goes off in the 10 or 15 seconds quickly, Is there any other way to change the settings using Nokia Ovi suite, or it’s a bug please help me out.

Re: Nokia C7 backlight time out setting.

Hey dude thanks a lot for posting this query I am having the same issue with the backlight of Nokia c7, I am very worried about that because now it’s a small issue but maybe there will be some major problems with this handset in future because I had faces same kind of problem with Nokia 6630 starting from backlight issue. Hope the there will be some simple way to fix this problem because I don’t want visit Nokia service center which is far away from my place.

Well guys I think you guys have tried some other path or setting to change the time out for the backlight, here’s the way to change the time out for the backlight of Nokia C7. First go to the “Menu” of Nokia C7 and then in “Settings” choose the “Phone” option and then in ”Display” go to the “Light time out” and set the time you want for the light time out. This is the only way to change the “Settings” of backlight I don’t think you can do it with the Ovi suite.

Thanks guys for reverting so quickly, now I think I have to go to the Nokia service center if there is no other way for this backlight time out, I thought there would be some way using the Ovi suite. And I have tried above solution by selecting different time out but it didn’t work for me. I set it to the 30seconds but it goes off in 15 seconds itself then I tried with 5,10,20,50 seconds but every time it goes off in 15 seconds. Please share if know the solution for this thing.

Don’t worry guys it’s small issue with all the handsets of Nokia C7, I have searched about it on the internet and found that most of the users have posted this query. And solution if you will set the time below 1mintue then cell gonna consider it as 0seconds even if you set it to 30 or 10 seconds. So the only solution is you have to set it 1 minute then the backlight will go off after 1minute. Hope Nokia will resolve this issue in next update.

First of all thanks for replying on this thread. And that’s bit shy of relief for me because I thought it’s an issue with my phone only. Anyways, I have tried the solution you have provided and yeah it worked for me, hope this will work for the other users as well. Now I have set to 30 seconds only because its fine if the backlight turns of in 15 seconds because I know that it’s a small bug not any major problem with the handset. Thank you guys,