Thread: Wi-Fi Card is not working in Asus EEE PC 1000ha Netbook

Wi-Fi Card is not working in Asus EEE PC 1000ha Netbook

I have been using Asus EEE PC 1000ha Netbook from last 3 months and recently upgraded few hardware. Windows 7 OS is running in my Netbook. But after the hardware upgrade I realized that my Wi-Fi card which is Atheros AR5007 eg is not working properly. I am unable to rectify the main cause of this problem. Does anyone know what could be done to solve this issue? Your suggestions will be appreciated, so please help me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Wi-Fi Card is not working in Asus EEE PC 1000ha Netbook

First of all, I would suggest you to check whether your Wi-Fi card is properly connected to your Netbook’s Motherboard. Make sure it is properly inserted and is tightly fitted inside the socket. Secondly, make sure your internet connection is proper and is working perfectly. Also take into account that your router is properly installed in your system. It would be better if you keep your router where you are getting the best network signal.

It might be possible that after upgrading your hardware you must have not installed all the necessary drivers for the same including the drivers for your computers Wi-Fi card. You can use your Drivers CD to install the Wi-Fi drivers in your Asus EEE PC 100ha Netbook. It you are unable to find the drivers for your Wi-Fi card then you can search for its driver on Internet as well. Visit the official website of Atheros and download the respective drivers. Run the wizard and install the drivers for your Atheros AR5007 eg Wi-Fi card.

Most of the routers provide antennas which broadcasts the signal in all the directions, which we call omnidirectional intechnical terms. There is a possibility that your router is near some outside wall. In this case half of the signals which are sent by the router are sent outside the home, thus wasting most of your router’s power. If the antenna of your router is detachable and can be removed, then I would suggest you to upgrade your antenna with some high-gain antenna which will completely focus all its outgoing wireless signals only in one direction.

To improve the flow of signal, I would suggest you to replace the PC card-based wireless network adapter which we normally get along with our laptop with some other wireless USB network adapter which is provided with additional external antenna. This will enhance the signal strength to a considerable amount. Before doing so, first I would suggest you to check whether the Wi-Fi card has got completely corrupted or what is the matter with it. You can do so by sending it to some computer Store for checking. And if your current Wi-Fi card is destroyed, then you can go for a new better option.

Thank you, guys for your helpful replies. It really meant a lot to me. After reading your suggestion, I have finally decided to send me laptop for repairing to the nearest Asus Service Center. And if the problem is solved with my current Wi-Fi card, then it is well and good, or else I will be replacing it with a better Wi-Fi card. Also for better signals, I would be adding up an antenna. Once again, thank you a lot. You guys were very kind while helping me out.