Thread: DMI Reset tool for Toshiba Satellite A215

DMI Reset tool for Toshiba Satellite A215

Hi everyone, I am in urgent need for HELP!! I have Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop and it is running Windows XP in it. I recently ended up messing with my laptop. Don’t know how but all the BIOS settings along with all other previously installed Toshiba Softwares got completely deleted from my laptop. Nothing seems to be working in my laptop. So I wanted to know is there and reset tool in my Toshiba laptop by which I can reinstall all my lost BIOS settings and other Toshiba Utilities? Please help me. Your help will be appreciated forever.

Re: DMI Reset tool for Toshiba Satellite A215

I suppose performing Hard Rest in your Toshiba laptop might solve your issue as it clears all the factory settings of your laptop manufacturer and reinstall them in your laptop automatically.
    • Disconnect the laptop form power supply. Switch off the laptop and remove the battery.
    • Make sure the laptop is disconnected from all the external hardware peripherals
    • Press and hold the power button of your laptop for few seconds. This is compulsory to do because it will discharge all the remaining power of your battery from the capacitor.
    • Attach the battery back and connect the laptop to the power supply. No need to connect the peripheral devices.
    • Restart your laptop. And your problem will be solved.

You can by yourself restore all the lost BIOS and hard disk settings by making use of proper software like the Toshiba recovery Media. You must have got the Toshiba recovery Media CD when you had purchased the laptop. Start your laptop and insert the Recovery CD. Boot up the CD and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you have completed performing the Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the Recovery media, you will find all your lost data back in your laptop. Restart your laptop and see whether it helped you or not.

Hey guys thank you for your generosity and kindness. But unfortunately your solutions did not help me out in any way. I tried performing the Hard reset but was unsuccessful in doing that. And about the method of using the Recovery media CD of Toshiba, I don’t have any such CD with me so was not able to perform that. Where can I get the Toshiba Recovery Media CD? Please help me get rid of this problem. This thing is really annoying me now. Waiting for some more quick replies, that would solve my problem.

You can purchase the Toshiba Recovery Media from any nearby Toshiba Support Center. Or else you can even try asking for the same from any Computer store. If still you are unable to find the Recovery Media CD then I would recommend you to visit the following link of Toshiba Support Place an order for your Toshiba Recovery Media here and get it for yourself. Once you received the Recovery Media, restore the factory settings and the hard disk to its original contents by following the steps mentioned in Pg 64 of the following USER GUIDE for Toshiba Satellite A210 A215 series laptops. Go to the section Hard Disk Drive Recovery using the Recovery media, and follow the steps given there.

This seems to be a really big issue and I don’t feel that the problem can be solved unless to take help from an expert. I would rather recommend you to drop your laptop to the Toshiba Service Center and get your laptop fixed with the help of Toshiba’s technical staff. It is possible that if your try fixing the problem by yourself, you may end up creating more troubles for yourself by damaging some of the important parts of your laptop. Anything is possible. If you don’t know where the nearest service center for your Toshiba laptops is; then you should visit the following link of Toshiba Service Center
    and check out the list of Toshiba service centers near your area.