Thread: Dell Inspiron 6000 can’t find new hard drive

Dell Inspiron 6000 can’t find new hard drive

I am having the Dell Inspiron 6000 from around 5 years and need to upgrade Hard drive. I have changed actual WD IDE 80G HDD through a WD PATA 250G HDD but while I restart the computer it says "Cannot find HDD." I think that the hard drive I am using is faulty or I am not performing the boot procedure properly. I can’t predict any third reason for this. If you have anything that can solve my problem then please help me. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Dell Inspiron 6000 can’t find new hard drive

If you click on My Computer and click Manage and go to Disk Management, do you see the HDD listed there? Assuming that you see in the lower right pane in Disk Management, if it is not a drive letter then you need to click on it, create a volume and format. Once you do you'll pick the next available drive letter and be visible in Windows Explorer. I did the same on my friend’s computer when he was getting the same issue and resolves the problem. I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

The solution could be as simple as suggested in the thread. If you cannot configure the unit with the Master does not have the desired effect, what about creating a C: partition new hard disk that is less than 130 g for the operating system and partition the rest of the space in a D: partition. I had a similar problem with an old bios motherboard would not recognize a larger unit.

To resolve the difficulty open control panel and then click on Administrative Tools icon afterward close control panel window. In the administrative tools click the computer management and then click on yes if it is provoked by UAC, click on disk management within left panel beneath Storage. From the right panel, right click on Vista hard disk partition which is missing the drive letter and after that click the Change Drive Letter. Select Add button and choose (dot) allocate the drive letter and after that choose a drive letter you desire to have assigned to Vista disk partition afterwords click OK. The Hard Disk Partition will now turn up within Windows 7.

In this you have to confirm that the hdd is not affected by any type of virus, because sometimes it goes through that as well. Have you tried to connect this in safe mode? I hope this detected by the computer in Safe Mode. So why not join the machine while it is entering Safe Mode. And after just start the computer in Safe Mode and then join the hard drive, to be determined before they are required to update the antivirus application program you are using your machine, if you have the upgrade version then start looking for external hard disk, this absolutely detect any viruses affecting your machine. Try this, this could be to help you.