Thread: G4 Powerbook times out while logging into wifi router

G4 Powerbook times out while logging into wifi router

I am having the Thompson wireless router for which I have upgraded the firmware version. I can productively use the Internet through my Intel iMac as well as the PC laptop. When I was attempting to attach to the router with the help of Airport with my GG Powerbook 867Mhz OS X 10.5.8 then I obtain the error message which says “connection timeout”. I have productively attached through airport/wifi to the old router. ISP is not able to assist in spite of sending me a new router. Please help me. I will really appreciate any helpful suggestion on this.

Re: G4 Powerbook times out while logging into wifi router

I think that it is sending out the 802.11B and not only the G and N. This might be the problem with that. All you can do is just go to the router and see the manual and verify that it is broadcasting on every three channels B, G and N. So try this out to check if it helps you and reply back with the result so that we can guide you further for the resolution of the problem. Thank you.

According to me the encryption is the main reason for this. All you can do is just turn off the encryption and after that check if that is allowing you to connect to the router through the PowerBook. Other than this you can also do the software update and this can also resolve the issue that you are facing. So do these two things and check if anyone of that can help you to resolve the problem that you are facing?

Outdated driver can also be considered as one of the possible reasons for this issue. So you should check if this is the same case for you as well. If you are having the outdated driver then search for the latest driver available for this and install that on your machine. I did the same when I was having the same problem and it lets me out of the trouble and I wish that it will do the same for you as well.

Check if that is under warranty or not. If that is under warranty then you should not do anything to resolve the issue. Visit the dealer from where you bought this and see if they can help you to solve the problem. If they are not able to help you then you can directly contact the manufacturer and they will definitely guide you to get out of the issue. This is the best and the safest way to know the solution for the issue.