Thread: Hard drive encryption software.

Hard drive encryption software.

Hello guys I am working in a IT company as a assistant manager. There are many applications software on my external drive. And I want to protect those applications software, in such that nobody would be able to copy pastes any content or software in the external drive that’s protecting drive from other to copy paste something on it. But others should be able to install or set up the application available on my drive for Windows 7.

Re: Hard drive encryption software.

Well dude yes it’s quite possible, but then if the peoples saved some files on your external drive without knowingly without you are using some kind of hard drive encryption then they will lose their files by saving them on your drive. And if you will search also using the file name in the drive there will be no result for that. So dude in my point of view try to avoid such kind of encryption when you are giving your drive to others.

Dude thanks a lot for reverting so quickly but I think you didn’t got my problem exactly. So let me provide you an example suppose I have Microsoft Office set up file on my hard drive I am allowing to set up the MS office from my hard drive but I don’t want to allow the copy that set up file on their system. Hope this cleared my query to you, please help me out is there any software available for such encryption of hard drive.

Well dude to be very frank such encryption is not possible. You can completely protect your files with the help of hard drive encryption but to access any file like for installation you have to provide access to that person by giving him/her the encryption key and with that encryption key that person will be able to copy those files as well. There are some software like “safe house software” for the encryption hard drive of some files and folders.

First of all thank you for replying so quickly, well even that software is fine because I want to protect some files and folders in my hard drive, so at least I will be able to protect them. And thanks a lot guys for helping me out and for giving me the straight forward answer. I have found from my recent posts that users here are really very active as compared to the other tech related forums sites, thank you guys for your help.