Thread: RIM BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 v/s 9930

RIM BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 v/s 9930

The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is the descendant to the new hand Bold RIM BlackBerry 9000. And it looks the part, at first glance, the Bold 9900 is very alike to the Bold 9000. And in many ways, the exterior of the device is alike: the keyboard layout, shape and size are almost identical to 9000, and the shiny silver bezel surrounding the handheld is also seen as under the old Bold. But the resemblance end there.

The Bold 9900 is considerably thinner and slightly lighter than the 9000. In fact, the Bold 9900 is the thinnest RIM BlackBerry ever. And it feels great in hand. The Bold 9900 form factor is probably my favorite of any BlackBerry smartphone to date.

And the keyboard 9900 is to die; RIM even called it the best keyboard on any smartphone BlackBerry. And I agree. Although the keyboard is almost identical to the original 9000 keyboard, is actually a little bigger, because it extends almost all the way to the sides of the device, while the Bold 9000 bezel is thicker and occupies a space on the keyboard.
    I spent a few minutes to write to the Bold 9900, and was a real pleasure, especially because I used a Bold 9000 and really miss the keyboard.

Re: RIM BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 v/s 9930

Inside, the Bold is an inspiring package processor 1.2 GHz, which helps to feel the software skill fast and smooth, with very little stoppage - at least 20 minutes or so spent with the device. It also has 768MB of RAM, with 8 GB of internal storage space for media and other data, most built-in storage RAM and any current BlackBerry. And the Bold 9900 also supports microSD memory cards up to 32GB. All these things make the Bold 9900 feels much more "modern" than in the past few RIM handhelds.
    It is also great looking. Although silver frames in both the Bold 9900 and 9000 look similar, are actually quite different. The new Bold Bezel is brushed stainless steel, compared with the silver plastic bezel in 9000. And the change in the bezel material makes a noticeable difference in the appearance of the device, stainless steel; it just looks nicer and less fragile or "cheap."

The battery cover is also notable because it is covered in an epoxy type of glassy appearance, which adds another touch of luxury to the Bold 9900. RIM finally seems to have paid more attention to appearance than any other BlackBerry 9900 RIM device. And it shows.

While the original Bold uses a trackball for navigation that was sunk into three distinct groups, which served as a call to the device, menu, exit and end call buttons, the new Bold has a trackpad that is more efficient in a single piece of soft material that forms the call and navigation buttons. (The call and end call buttons are no longer green and red in the Bold 9900. However, both are semi-transparent white.)
    The Bold 9900 also has a new mute button on the other hand, the volume and the volume keys, which also serve as means of control when the music or video is playing. And it has two panels of very small load at its base for use with a cargo pod BlackBerry - the 9000 had similar panels, larger at lower sides.

The Bold 9900 is 2.8 inches, 640x480 (287 PPI) display is impressive as well, the colors and looks both vivid and bright. The Bold 9900 is the first "chocolate bar" style BlackBerry with both a touchscreen and "physical" QWERTY keyboard. And although it will take me a while to get used to using the display and trackpad for navigation in bold, I was impressed with how the display was response to my touches, taps and pinches. And I look forward to seeing what kind of new touch gestures RIM added in the future.
    As to software, RIM Bold 9900 is the first BlackBerry smartphone to run on 7 mobile BlackBerry OS, which incorporates a variety of fresh new features and improvements, and a slightly different look and feel due to some icon sets modified. In particular, BlackBerry seven packages of a new universal characteristic of voice search and fast Webkit browser.

Honestly, BlackBerry 7 does not really sense much dissimilar from the BlackBerry 6, and unluckily that's something, as RIM is that marketing as a major operating system upgrade. But as mentioned, was only able to spend 20 minutes with the device, so there could be more in the software that I saw in my brief time with her.

BlackBerry 7 is compatible with Near Field Communications (NFC) transactions in the mobile payment technology and other short range wireless data. And the OS also adds support for new hardware features such as a digital compass, accelerometer and proximity sensor, which is located in the Bold 9900.
    One feature I like very much to see in 9900 is supporting mobile hotspot, which is rumored to come along with the 9900. But RIM is not mentioned at all while the device is detailed. The representative asked me for more details RIM declined to comment on unannounced features, however, so there is still a possibility that the 9900 will have the functionality of mobile access point.

Finally, the device should be available in all or most U.S. companies in "summer" in two flavors: the 9900, for GSM / UMTS AT & T and T-Mobile, and the 9930 "World Phone" with support for both CDMA networks such as Verizon, GSM and UMTS /. So the device should be widely available.

Unfortunately, the Bold 9900 is not a 4G device, which is a slight deviation, because the device could feel obsolete shortly after its release. It does, however, support for HSPA + up to 14.4 Mbps download and upload of up to 5.76 Mbps. so, to sum it all: I am a great fan of the Bold 9900. And probably will be my next BlackBerry smartphone. Now, I look forward to the release BlackBerry Bold 9900. You can expect a full review of CIO.com as soon as possible, so stayed tuned.